Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

+52
Moonjump05
BenOrgana
vaderito
nonesuch
Piper Maru
Armadeus
Gemini
jakkusun
spacebaby45678
Birdwoman
soulluos
Kylo Rey
Kessel
Sylvia Snow
SoloSideCousin
Lily Snape
DarthRen
Rei of Sunshine
Magnolia_3.0
ladyconsular
MissG
MindAndMagic
Maria26
panki
Jakku
motherofpearl1
Kyla Ren
Helix
Mana
ReyofLightSide
Little_Boots
FrolickingFizzgig
reylo1992
Hasi
Xylo Ren
SanghaRen
Rimfaxe96
Reylo Lemon
Saracene
ISeeAnIsland
BenRey
Darth_Awakened
Irina de France
ZioRen
Darth Dingbat
EchoBase
Rogue Rey
BastilaBey
snufkin
CienaRee
rey09
IoJovi
56 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by Little_Boots Wed 04 Jan 2017, 7:00 pm

Maria Antonietta wrote:He bonded with Daisy CALL 911
@Maria Antonietta

The police are on the way!
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13

Post by snufkin Wed 04 Jan 2017, 9:48 pm

Of course he's going to say she's nice, Rey beat the s**t out outta Kylo. It's in his interest to stay on her good side, hahahaha!

SanghaRen wrote:@snufkin : You're not supposed to like JJ?  :D It really looks like the new trend, doesn't it? I like him and I'll wear a T-shirt saying so in a room full of fanboys spitting on him. I was angry with him during AshGate, but he really does not deserve all the criticism. I was hooked to Lost - although I did not see the last season, only the last 2 episodes due to moving. And I love what he did with Kylo. So I won't follow that trend.

About the Larry King show.

Did AD read our discussion in another thread on our (my) worry of a disconnect between VII and VIII for Kylo? It's like the answer comes right from his mouth. Plot points will be explained and make sense. Fine. We trust you, Adam.

I can see how some parts of the fandom will rejoice at his hesitation in answering the question on bonding with the castmates of SW. You don't need to make buddies with your colleagues to do your job.

I prefer not to overthink that "living" answer.

You know the way Larry King interviews AD reminds me of a senior manager who some years ago suddenly stopped talking business and started to question me during lunch about my cat. The questions came one after the other (color, look, how did I get her, etc) and I was like "what?", always a bit startled somehow because it felt like there was no thread in the series of questions. He also sat there like Larry King, arms crossed and looking very serious, but not in a threatening way, just serious.

@SanghaRen

Truth is that I tried to watch Lost and Alias and got bored pretty quickly with both. But Felicity was great and I still think of that one character saying "cronch" every time I see the word "crush" in writing (if he'd done a spin off about Javier, I'd watch that show in a heartbeat). But to the point, it's super fashionable in more traditionalist corners (including Twitter) to bash on him even more now that Rogue One has come out. Which I'll say again, maybe come across as the more polished and faithful to certain visions of the Star Wars universe/LF creative staff models. But which left me super cold in comparison to TFA. Actually that's the movie I was expecting when I went into TFA and instead had my expectations upended. And give him credit for not just bringing on Lawrence Kasdan (who is the keeper of the legacy characters having written the best versions), but getting Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher's input.

The whole anti-hero lead started with the Sopranos and has kind of become a cliche at this point. The only show I've consistently watched in the past few years has been Fargo (which is now going to be led by Obi-Wan himself) because they've have the traditional dark/anti-heroic/conflicted main characters balanced by more morally forthright characters who are just as strong and compelling. First season it's a young police officer in the vein of Marge Gunderson and her retired police officer dad. Second season flashes back 25 years to show the father as a young police officer with the daughter as a child. How they go toe to toe with the more morally grey/darker characters has been pretty amazing to watch.

Last edited by snufkin on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 11:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 04 Jan 2017, 10:17 pm

You know the way Larry King interviews AD reminds me of a senior manager who some years ago suddenly stopped talking business and started to question me during lunch about my cat. The questions came one after the other (color, look, how did I get her, etc) and I was like "what?", always a bit startled somehow because it felt like there was no thread in the series of questions. He also sat there like Larry King, arms crossed and looking very serious, but not in a threatening way, just serious.

Also this is the best description of Larry King's non-sequitur interview style that I've ever read. The entertainment of watching him is whether or not the people he's talking with figure that part out and roll with it. Or just act completely confused.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Wed 04 Jan 2017, 10:19 pm

Xylo Ren wrote:
BastilaBey wrote:From his Larry King interview

"Without giving away any spoilers, what’s one aspect about Kylo Ren you are excited for fans to see in the next film?"

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 3 Tumblr_oj9pgvIMM41v42jzoo1_540

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 3 Tumblr_oj9pgvIMM41v42jzoo2_540

http://www.ora.tv/larrykingnow/2017/1/4/adam-driver-previews-star-wars-viii

ARCHIVE: Discussion: Spoilers/Rumors -13 - Page 3 826630

PLOT POINTS WILL BE EXPLAINED KYLO REN I'M READY FOR YOU BABY
@Xylo Ren

"Plot points will be explained"- like that Kylo looooooooooves Rey? H-beating

ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Wed 04 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

Not a single bad day, guys. Not a single bad f****ing day.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Wed 04 Jan 2017, 11:43 pm

plot points that were in episode vii will be explored in viii??? could he also mean the compassion scene that was in the script and was filmed but didn't make the cut?? so maybe he means that it will be explored in the next movie??
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 05 Jan 2017, 9:54 am

It has begun...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/carrie-fisher-episode-viii-how-star-wars-will-handle-leias-future-960849

In near future, I expect to read much more similar reports.

Carrie Fisher's Dec. 27 death has left a disturbance in the Force. Her iconic Princess Leia is set to appear in the next two Star Wars films, and insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that at least two key scenes are planned for Episode VIII (Dec. 15) and Episode IX (2019):a Leia reunion with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and a confrontation with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), her son who killed Harrison Ford's Han Solo in 2015's The Force Awakens
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:05 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:It has begun...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/carrie-fisher-episode-viii-how-star-wars-will-handle-leias-future-960849

Carrie Fisher's Dec. 27 death has left a disturbance in the Force. Her iconic Princess Leia is set to appear in the next two Star Wars films, and insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that at least two key scenes are planned for Episode VIII (Dec. 15) and Episode IX (2019):a Leia reunion with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and a confrontation with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), her son who killed Harrison Ford's Han Solo in 2015's The Force Awakens
@Darth_Awakened

So she'll have a confrontation with Kylo in Ep VIII? Is this based on real insider information or a rumor. Whatever they'll do, I really do confide in LUcasfilm.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:11 am

EchoBase wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

So she'll have a confrontation with Kylo in Ep VIII? Is this based on real insider information or a rumor. Whatever they'll do, I really do confide in LUcasfilm.
@EchoBase

I understand above in a way that insider confirmed that it had been planned that she would have two major scenes, but actually they did not specified the movie (VIII or IX).
I was going with the wild guess that the meeting Luke could be in VIII, and "confrontation" with Kylo in IX.

As for THR as a source, I think that they are bit more reliable than usual click-bait news portals.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:15 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
EchoBase wrote:

@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase

I understand above in a way that insider confirmed that it had been planned that she would have two major scenes, but actually they did not specified the movie (VIII or IX).
I was going with the wild guess that the meeting Luke could be in VIII, and "confrontation" with Kylo in IX.

As for THR as a source, I think that they are bit more reliable than usual click-bait news portals.
@Darth_Awakened

I see, they are also speaking of Ep IX. You must be right then.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:32 am

Adam Driver *talks about Kylo not thinking he's evil, drops hints about him being compassionate*

Fanboys *b-but he's going to get more EVIL*

Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:24 am

Mana wrote:plot points that were in episode vii will be explored in viii??? could he also mean the compassion scene that was in the script and was filmed but didn't make the cut?? so maybe he means that it will be explored in the next movie??
@Mana

This is a good point! Maybe they cut the compassion scene so that it could shown, rather than told, later.

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

Wow, I hope this is true. Carrie Fisher I know would have hated Leia's story to be reduced due to her death. I was am still looking forward to the reunion between mother and son with all my being...
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:54 am

EchoBase wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
EchoBase wrote:

Carrie Fisher's Dec. 27 death has left a disturbance in the Force. Her iconic Princess Leia is set to appear in the next two Star Wars films, and insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that at least two key scenes are planned for Episode VIII (Dec. 15) and Episode IX (2019):a  Leia reunion with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and a confrontation with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), her son who killed Harrison Ford's Han Solo in 2015's The Force Awakens
@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase

@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase @Darth_Awakened
I also find this piece of information interesting:

Episode VIIIalso went through a major rewrite with Johnson, who had to overhaul his script after he saw the significant changes J.J. Abrams made to the overarching Star Wars story thanks to his extensive postproduction work during Force Awakens. (Johnson had based his script on Force Awakens' earlier drafts.)

So Rian had to change the script because of changes JJ had made?This is interesting since we've been speculating for a while that Rian might have changed some things JJ did but it looks like it was the other way around.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyla Ren Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:56 am

CienaRee wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
Darth_Awakened wrote:
EchoBase wrote:

Carrie Fisher's Dec. 27 death has left a disturbance in the Force. Her iconic Princess Leia is set to appear in the next two Star Wars films, and insiders tell The Hollywood Reporter that at least two key scenes are planned for Episode VIII (Dec. 15) and Episode IX (2019):a  Leia reunion with Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and a confrontation with Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), her son who killed Harrison Ford's Han Solo in 2015's The Force Awakens
@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase

@Darth_Awakened

@EchoBase @Darth_Awakened
I also find this piece of information interesting:

Episode VIIIalso went through a major rewrite with Johnson, who had to overhaul his script after he saw the significant changes J.J. Abrams made to the overarching Star Wars story thanks to his extensive postproduction work during Force Awakens. (Johnson had based his script on Force Awakens' earlier drafts.)

So Rian had to change the script because of changes JJ had made?This is interesting since we've been speculating for a while that Rian might have changed some things JJ did but it looks like it was the other way around.
@CienaRee

I just read the article and was wondering about that.  I don't remember hearing anything about that before.  I wonder what kind of changes were made.
Kyla Ren
Kyla Ren
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 05 Jan 2017, 11:59 am

I've heard about four different versions of this story so far. The first comes from Rian Johnson himself, and he stated that the new characters were so well received he wanted to expand on them even further. I'm not sure I buy this because, shouldn't they have expected them to be well received anyway?

The second thing I've heard, which I think is far more plausible is that VIII was written to reduce Carrie Fisher's role due to health issues. Obviously they're not going to come out and say that which I think is why that very PR sounding bit from Rian Johnson was done.

I know JJ made some changes, but were they THAT big that it would require a major script overhaul? That seems odd.
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:00 pm

IoJovi wrote:Wow, I hope this is true.  Carrie Fisher I know would have hated Leia's story to be reduced due to her death.  I was am still looking forward to the reunion between mother and son with all my being...
@IoJovi
It really sucks though because it really looks like ep 9 would have been Leia's time to shine and  I don't think CGI is going to be very convincing when it comes to emtional scenes which I think a Leia/Kylo scene would have been.I mean they can still do CGI Leia in some form but that's not the case of CGI Tarkin where all he had to do was stand in one place and give commands to Krennic and the CGI effects would be even more galring if they had CGI Leia do emotional scenes.
I really wish the confrontation between them is happening in episode 8 but they were probably saving it for episode 9.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:01 pm

Change may have been for the best. Given the cringe worthy dialogue and Plutt lechery's toward Rey in the novel and some of the leaked plot points from the Arndt iteration, what came out in the end was pretty amazing in comparison.

It'd be a surprise if they had the reunion between Leia and her son in VIII, so it's most likely (and heartbreaking) that scene will never happen : (. But given the insurance payout, they had to have at least made some kind of plan about what to do if some of the actors couldn't continue through all three movies. And Leia's just too big, there's still room for books and off screen materials. Just that she's going to be written out of IX and the reunion will either be off screen or a distance shot of the two of them just coming face to face.

Last edited by snufkin on Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:05 pm

CienaRee wrote:
IoJovi wrote:Wow, I hope this is true.  Carrie Fisher I know would have hated Leia's story to be reduced due to her death.  I was am still looking forward to the reunion between mother and son with all my being...
@IoJovi
It really sucks though because it really looks like ep 9 would have been Leia's time to shine and  I don't think CGI is going to be very convincing when it comes to emtional scenes which I think a Leia/Kylo scene would have been.I mean they can still do CGI Leia in some form but that's not the case of CGI Tarkin where all he had to do was stand in one place and give commands to Krennic and the CGI effects would be even more galring if they had CGI Leia do emotional scenes.
I really wish the confrontation between them is happening in episode 8 but they were probably saving it for episode 9.
@CienaRee

This is why I don't think a recast is out of the question. Yes it sucks, but CGI is worse, and so is writing her out of the story or severely reducing her role when we were all hoping to see the character get some happiness at the end.

IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:14 pm

IoJovi wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@IoJovi
@CienaRee

This is why I don't think a recast is out of the question. Yes it sucks, but CGI is worse, and so is writing her out of the story or severely reducing her role when we were all hoping to see the character get some happiness at the end.

@IoJovi

I think both recasting and CGI would get terrible reception. I don't envy them, their hands seem severely tied at this point. I keep thinking we might end up seeing a delay.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:23 pm

It's just so sad. Sad
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:29 pm

ZioRen wrote:
IoJovi wrote:
CienaRee wrote:
@IoJovi
@CienaRee

This is why I don't think a recast is out of the question.  Yes it sucks, but CGI is worse, and so is writing her out of the story or severely reducing her role when we were all hoping to see the character get some happiness at the end.  

@IoJovi

I think both recasting and CGI would get terrible reception. I don't envy them, their hands seem severely tied at this point. I keep thinking we might end up seeing a delay.
@ZioRen

I don't envy them either.  There really is no good solution that's going to make 100% of the audience happy.  For me personally, reducing Leia's role in the story is the worst option of the ones we discussed the other day (CGI, role reduction or recast).  It's like sweeping Carrie's death under the rug, and that truly is terrible.  I know other's may feel differently, and that's okay. I'm sure we all have emotions larger than life when it comes to this.

I know there's very few actresses out there that could fill those shoes, but I think it potentially could be done if they choose carefully.  I'm not saying I don't hate this idea, but I hate the other two far more...

Last edited by IoJovi on Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:30 pm

I know the circumstances are no where near comparable, but if they can recast Han Solo they can recast anyone!

I wish, as I'm sure we all do, that Carrie was still around for Ep IX and any potential reshoots needed for Ep VIII but we are where we are. Carrie Fisher will always be Leia and nothing will change that but I personally feel strongly that the character should not be diminished. If Leia was due to play a big part in Ep IX it would be a travesty to sideline her or write her out with an offscreen death. I support recasting the role. It isn't ideal but I found the CGI Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One very jarring so I wouldn't want them to go down that road. I know Adam Driver can be relied on to give it his all come what may but I believe an emotional mother and son reunion would work better with a flesh and blood actress. Someone suggested Meryl Streep and if she could be persuaded, I would be onboard with that. No one can take Carrie's place but it's the best option, IMO. It worked in the Harry Potter movies when they were forced to recast Dumbledore. Everyone knows the situation and I personally believe many fans would be supportive of a recast under the circumstances, particularly if they got the blessing of Billie Lourd and the rest of Carrie's family. It would only be for the one movie as they could continue Leia's story in novel form or some other medium after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm

I mean, honestly, if they take a good enough actress or even if they go for the goddang CGI route, I much rather those two options than no Leia at all. And as @MrsBenSolo said, considering Meryl Streep was a friend of the family and if she gets everyone's blessing, Carrie's family included, to go and play Leia, of course it wouldn't be the most satisfying solution. But it's better than no Leia at all.

I'm still heartbroken we'll probably never see Leia with her son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren, but at this point, there aren't a thousand options.

That Trevorrow dude better not mess it up.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:43 pm

Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next