Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+58
cherrylipstick
RosiePancake
Gemini
EchoBase
rsalex
FrolickingFizzgig
special_cases
whisperingwillow
LadyHa
Nimbus002
MeadowofAshes
AnneNeville
Helix
Teo oswald
Blackcanary
shii405
Darth_Awakened
Ynqve
AhsokaTano
Moonjump05
Meomeo
DarthRen
DeeBee
AcrosstheStars
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Wizzia
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Night Huntress
ZioRen
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Starliteprism
Mana
Saracene
lauvamp
Darth_marshmallow
Kylo Rey
Irina de France
snufkin
Maria26
Casper
reylo1992
IoJovi
Birdwoman
MissG
LesCousinsDangereux
BenRey
vaderito
Kessel
ReyofLightSide
adamdrivershair
Piper Maru
motherofpearl1
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
Kylo Men
62 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Empty I only want to know one thing ....

Post by Kylo Men Tue 21 Nov 2017, 11:59 pm

So when spoilers start coming out, I'm going into hiding. But I only want to know one spoiler going in: whether Rey is Luke's daughter. I figure if no, then I'll be pleased. If yes, then I can get over it beforehand and go enjoy the movie.

So if someone would be so kind as to fill in this thread once it's known, I would be so grateful.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 24 Nov 2017, 10:49 am

@Kylo Men

Hey, we're going to open a Q&A thread with the answers to members' questions in spoilers tags. So if you want to ask that, phrase it just like that and whoever answers will put it in the spoilers tag. That way you can see other people's questions in that thread, but only click on/read the answers you want to read. We realize that some people only want minor or certain types of spoilers and might not want to go completely into hiding for a couple of weeks.
We haven't set that thread up yet, but we will soon Smile
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by ISeeAnIsland Fri 24 Nov 2017, 9:22 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:@Kylo Men

Hey, we're going to open a Q&A thread with the answers to members' questions in spoilers tags. So if you want to ask that, phrase it just like that and whoever answers will put it in the spoilers tag. That way you can see other people's questions in that thread, but only click on/read the answers you want to read. We realize that some people only want minor or certain types of spoilers and might not want to go completely into hiding for a couple of weeks.
We haven't set that thread up yet, but we will soon Smile
@SheLitAFire

This is a fantastic idea. I want to avoid major spoilers, but there are some minor things that I'm curious about.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 24 Nov 2017, 9:36 pm

@ISeeAnIsland

I can't decide if I want to know anything specific before going to see it Dec 14th. Like Kylo Men said, the only thing I think I might want to know is if Rey is Luke's daughter. But that's all I want to know about her parentage, just a simple yes or no, no other explanations/answers. Otherwise, I think I want to be surprised (or mostly surprised, because I think we have pieced a lot of the movie together already lol)
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Sun 26 Nov 2017, 10:39 am

Believe it or not, I want to know everything! Unless its a murder mystery I want to know all the juicy details so I can look forward to it.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper Maru Sun 26 Nov 2017, 11:28 am

motherofpearl1 wrote:Believe it or not, I want to know everything! Unless its a murder mystery I want to know all the juicy details so I can look forward to it.
@motherofpearl1

Same. The element of surprise doesn't work for me at all; I actually go after spoilers because I like to know and anticipate what it's coming.
Piper Maru
Piper Maru
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Sun 26 Nov 2017, 12:11 pm

I was prepared to go into a complete Internet blackout, but after more thought I think I'll enjoy it more if I'm not sitting there gripping the armrests with suspense. I also want to watch the meltdown in some parts of the fandom Twisted Evil
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Tue 28 Nov 2017, 7:50 am

I want to be spoiled of every minute. Razz
I went into TFA totally spoiled- or so I thought, then was gobsmacked with Reylo.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Tue 28 Nov 2017, 8:20 am

As crazy as it sounds (to me), I'm going to try to remain as spoiler free as possible...although there may be a few "little things" I wouldn't mind knowing beforehand, like Rey's parentage.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Tue 28 Nov 2017, 8:38 am

I'm waiting for real spoilers. I don't need everything but I must know the most burning questions - parentage and Reylo.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BenRey Tue 28 Nov 2017, 8:57 am

I only want Reylo spoilers.
BenRey
BenRey
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by motherofpearl1 Tue 28 Nov 2017, 9:17 am

I dont expect a full on Reylo romance in TLJ, but Im fine with them becoming friends and allies, and plenty of UST. Regarding Reys parentage.....I couldnt care less as long as she isnt related to Kylo.
motherofpearl1
motherofpearl1
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LesCousinsDangereux Tue 28 Nov 2017, 3:24 pm

I want to avoid spoilers myself, so after the premiere I will avoid sites that talk about SW (including this one). I mean I have waited 2 years for this, I can manage to wait a few more days until I can see the movie (at least I hope I will manage and will not be tempted Smile )

I believe having major plot points spoiled beforehand affects the experience of watching the film (you are not surprised and will not have the same reactions, if you know exactly what is coming and when). For example for TFA I was spoiled beforehand that Kylo was Han’s son and that he kills him. I will now forever wonder, what would have been my reaction when Lor San Tekka hints at Kylo’s parentage? Would I had been surprised? Would I have guessed immediately he was Leia’s and Han’s? If not, how surprised would I had been when Snoke spells it out a bit later? And when Han walks out on that bridge would I had concluded he is doomed? (as some people seemed to have guessed when watching it). I will never know the answer to these questions (as it is not possible to have selective amnesia Smile

Since one has only one chance to see a movie unspoiled (ie without knowing what will happen), why waste it? And then one can re-watch as many time as they wish, knowing what happens. But you can never repeat the first time experience. For example I am dying to know under what circumstances Kylo extends his hand to Rey. But I want to see it in the movie, (plus this is a visual medium, not a book) without knowing beforehand when/how exactly it happens. I want to experience what the director meant for the audience to experience & feel while watching this story unfold. And actually I would even have preferred it if the hand scene wasn’t in the trailer and I was not expecting it at some point.

Also I think the US premiere is on the 8th correct? Is there also a Japanese premiere on the 6th, or are they not showing the full movie in the Japan event? Just so that I know if I should be avoiding spoiler sites from the 6th or the 8th of December Smile
LesCousinsDangereux
LesCousinsDangereux
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by MissG Wed 29 Nov 2017, 5:52 am

I only want to know whether Reylo happens in some shape or form that have romantic undertones, the rest and even the way it happens I'd like to be surprised about.
MissG
MissG
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 29 Nov 2017, 8:41 am

"Rey and Kylo relationship is awesome' - Daisy

"They are twins Jacen and Jaina!" - twitter

lol! lol! lol! lol!
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Wed 29 Nov 2017, 9:07 am

Poor Leia being pregnant for over 8 years.....haha!

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Wed 29 Nov 2017, 9:22 am

So my husband have a terrible habit of opening Christmas presents all wrapped and pretty, no later than around December 12th.  It's not that it's a tradition.  It's that we have zero restraint when we see these pretty wrapped gifts under the mantle.  It usually begins with him saying, come on honey, do you want to open just one gift?  I say yes, and next thing we know, they're ALL opened - his and mine.

I expect me thinking I can go into TLJ spoiler free is going to be along these same lines....   Laughing
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by reylo1992 Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

vaderito wrote:"Rey and Kylo relationship is awesome' - Daisy

"They are twins Jacen and Jaina!" - twitter

lol! lol! lol! lol!
@vaderito

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors Giphy26

The denial is strong with these ones. Tbh, I hadn't been so aware about the Reylo hate for at least a year, keeping myself away from tumblr. But since I've joined, I see now how farsome people - and I don't target all the Antis - are ready to go not to acknowledge a f****ing fictional ship, including demanding Rian that he retires although the movie ain't even out.
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdrivershair Wed 29 Nov 2017, 7:34 pm

I'm having second thoughts. According to this article, knowing key details does negatively effect the experience. Which makes sense, I guess, if Rian designed the movie so that reveals have the biggest payoff possible IF you don't know about them beforehand.

I really do want to see people's reactions to certain things becoming known - but there will be plenty of time to read that afterward.

I just don't know if I can stay off the Internet that long!
adamdrivershair
adamdrivershair
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:54 am

Is this here going to be the thread where we ask our questions, or will there actually be a thread called, "Q&A"?  I kind of thought we could have a thread called something like "I've Seen It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" for the lucky few who see it before the vast majority of us just to give us their general impression.

Sadly, I will probably not see it till January. Sad  I'm going to have to avoid most of the Internet for a month.  There'll be spoilers everywhere, even if you're not looking for them.  I'm fully expecting 'Reylo' to become a trending topic, for example.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria26 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 2:19 am

My luck is that I live in France and the movie will be out on the 13th.
Maria26
Maria26
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Casper Thu 30 Nov 2017, 3:00 am

You are lucky, Maria! Are you going on the first day? So far I don't think I've seen anyone saying they're seeing it before the 13th.

Casper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 30 Nov 2017, 11:20 am

If it does turn out that Rey's dad is a deadbeat hippie, I will be super disappointed with Rian Johnson and Lucasfilm because that's just so unimaginative and lazy. Even if people bicker over the parentage theories, at least they're all creative and involve a certain amount of imagination. Versus just making it the epic story of a girl who only matters because of who her dad was and even then, she has the worst childhood and adolescence of all the characters in the franchise, but it's okay 'cause he's a hero.

Eh, still think anybody who participates in discussions here will have a far better experience of being surprised by the movie than anybody who's spent the past 2 years sincerely believing that it'll be Rey goes to Ache-to for a purity ball and then reunites with the Beautiful Friendship Gang to murder-avenge Kyle Ron. Followed by her and Finn have an Ewok themed wedding while Rose agrees to be their bridesmaid because she's there to be the goofy nerd with a crush on Finn and Rey's wannabe friend. And anybody who's suddenly freaking out about anything that's come out of the latest round of press comments should've done their homework two years ago and watched Rian Johnson's films. The themes and character arcs/types should be a big clue why he got hired in the first place. It's not that this crowd are a**holes or that the filmmakers are horrible people, it's that a lot of fans immediately fell into Motivated Reasoning

Motivated reasoning is confirmation bias taken to the next level. Motivated reasoning leads people to confirm what they already believe, while ignoring contrary data. But it also drives people to develop elaborate rationalizations to justify holding beliefs that logic and evidence have shown to be wrong. Motivated reasoning responds defensively to contrary evidence, actively discrediting such evidence or its source without logical or evidentiary justification. Clearly, motivated reasoning is emotion driven. It seems to be assumed by social scientists that motivated reasoning is driven by a desire to avoid cognitive dissonance. Self-delusion, in other words, feels good, and that's what motivates people to vehemently defend obvious falsehoods.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina de France Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:10 pm

snufkin wrote:Eh, still think anybody who participates in discussions here will have a far better experience of being surprised by the movie than anybody who's spent the past 2 years sincerely believing that it'll be Rey goes to Ache-to for a purity ball and then reunites with the Beautiful Friendship Gang to murder-avenge Kyle Ron. Followed by her and Finn have an Ewok themed wedding while Rose agrees to be their bridesmaid because she's there to be the goofy nerd with a crush on Finn and Rey's wannabe friend.
@snufkin

I may have barfed a little. Especially at the Ewok themed wedding.
Irina de France
Irina de France
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://cosetteskywalker.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Thu 30 Nov 2017, 1:12 pm

Irina de France wrote:
snufkin wrote:Eh, still think anybody who participates in discussions here will have a far better experience of being surprised by the movie than anybody who's spent the past 2 years sincerely believing that it'll be Rey goes to Ache-to for a purity ball and then reunites with the Beautiful Friendship Gang to murder-avenge Kyle Ron. Followed by her and Finn have an Ewok themed wedding while Rose agrees to be their bridesmaid because she's there to be the goofy nerd with a crush on Finn and Rey's wannabe friend.
@snufkin

I may have barfed a little. Especially at the Ewok themed wedding.
@Irina de France

The Rose-as-bridesmaid thing was an actual theory that someone proposed elsewhere on another online community...
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next