Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+58
cherrylipstick
RosiePancake
Gemini
EchoBase
rsalex
FrolickingFizzgig
special_cases
whisperingwillow
LadyHa
Nimbus002
MeadowofAshes
AnneNeville
Helix
Teo oswald
Blackcanary
shii405
Darth_Awakened
Ynqve
AhsokaTano
Moonjump05
Meomeo
DarthRen
DeeBee
AcrosstheStars
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Wizzia
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Night Huntress
ZioRen
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Starliteprism
Mana
Saracene
lauvamp
Darth_marshmallow
Kylo Rey
Irina de France
snufkin
Maria26
Casper
reylo1992
IoJovi
Birdwoman
MissG
LesCousinsDangereux
BenRey
vaderito
Kessel
ReyofLightSide
adamdrivershair
Piper Maru
motherofpearl1
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
Kylo Men
62 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:23 am

@cherrylipstick

He needs to get some senses knocked into him. I would love to see him interacting with Anakin or Luke. Especially Anakin my grandson this trick with power vs love doesn't work, get yo s*** together, mate.

@motherofpearl1

He needs to reach the absolute bottom emotionally, serves him well for that decision. Kylo is almost like some sort of masochist. Self-harming himself on so many ocassions.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by AhsokaTano Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:55 am

I went to see it last night prepared to hate it but ......wow! Just wow! I was blown away. No wonder Rian has been given a trilogy! I absolutely loved it ! Don’t hate me ! Still thinking about it now and want to go and see it again. Honestly I prepped myself all day as I was at work ( had about 6 coffees so that I would be super alert for the evening showing ) and I didn’t see any chemistry between rey and Poe - it was nothing like rey and kylo and that ending scene when rey closes the door of millennium falcon - I didn’t see a look of scorn on rey’s face but more like resignation. Kylo and rey are force bonded which will
Make it hard for them to be with anyone else .Mark Hamill has more or less said reylo is canon yesterday and I believe it . I see the love triangle as rey/ Ben/ kylo.If only Kylo had taken his gloves off when he asked rey to join him , then the decision may have gone differently. I was lucky because I went with fans and they were all great , cheering , clapping, sobbing - in the beginning when it was all dark somebody lit a lightsaber which looked really effective and everyone cheered ! It was a great atmosphere.
The acting was fantastic on all sides but Adam was outstanding. Wow! He deserves to be nominated for an Oscar. I know it didn’t answer everything and it wasn’t everything we wanted (and there’s still a lot of work to be done in the next film and books etc)but was impressed. Loved how they did the force bond and it’s seductive power, loved how some of the shots reminded me of Harry Potter , loved the animals , parts reminded me of Rebels ( eg crystal foxes )and the crait battle reminded me more of helms deep in lord of the rings then empire strikes back . Gosh I love these characters so much - even hux had his human moment when kylo ( very disturbingly and fanatically) was screaming to direct all firepower to shoot Luke down and hux said “ that’s enough - he’s had enough “. I found myself crying in moments too I didn’t expect to cry ie leia in Space and saving herself through the force and r2 playing back Leia’s message .
Am positive and hopeful that kylo will end up with rey because as rebels taught us ( and there’s a lot of throw back to Rebels in this ) a force bond is severed through death . I think it’s through the force bond that kylo will be redeemed and that gives me hope . That scene at the end when kylo is on his knees and you can still see the conflict on his face said it all to me that Ben Solo is still in there.Star Wars is all about hope . He’s the last skywalker now . I have hope. Am getting my Art of Star Wars last Jedi book today via amazon and super excited - will be interesting to
See what revelations are in there .

Last edited by AhsokaTano on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:56 am

And is DJ (don't join, yay! That's on my bingo card!) Still alive?
Honestly he was one of my favorite parts.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:04 am

DarthRen wrote:One thing is not clear to me. Is Poe FS because once Rey started to scream, he waked up as Supremacy approached. Was this a conicidence or he has these abilities. Not to mention Damerey fans would be hyped about this + that first meeting.
@DarthRen

I don't think he is FS but his mom did get a Force tree seedling from Luke. So maybe?

But most likely it's just a dramatic cut.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:16 am

The people in my theater cheered and clapped when Kylo killed Snoke instead of Rey. That was pretty cool.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:18 am

SheLitAFire wrote:And is DJ (don't join, yay! That's on my bingo card!) Still alive?
@SheLitAFire

Yeah. I liked that guy as well.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:19 am

I forgot to mention how I enjoyed all BB8 scenes. Especially all those callbacks to Kylo's line "the droid stole a freighter?"

I mean, Kylo, don't you doubt BB8!
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:43 am

Rei of Sunshine wrote:I forgot to mention how I enjoyed all BB8 scenes. Especially all those callbacks to Kylo's line "the droid stole a freighter?"

@Rei of Sunshine

BB-8 was amazing. I love how he finally got a kill count and still managed to stay adorable!
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:52 am

I really loved how Yoda's appearance washed down the bad taste of Prequel!Yoda who I honestly couldn't stand along with the rest of the Jedi. It didn't feel like mere fanservice at all.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Fri 15 Dec 2017, 4:56 am

SheLitAFire wrote:The people in my theater cheered and clapped when Kylo killed Snoke instead of Rey. That was pretty cool.
@SheLitAFire

Yeah- thinking about that throne room scene. Did you notice that Snoke took aways Kylo's lightsaber as well ? He haven't trusted Kylo at all- which is a contradiction to what he told Rey...that he can see into his mind and can't be betrayed. Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by shii405 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:00 am

Saracene wrote:I really loved how Yoda's appearance washed down the bad taste of Prequel!Yoda who I honestly couldn't stand along with the rest of the Jedi. It didn't feel like mere fanservice at all.
@Saracene

ITA! When Yoda appeared, omg, I almost cried, Master Yodaaaaa.... this is one of the most pleasant surprise which I'm glad I did not read spoiler of! (I terribly regret not reading Reylo spoilers before I went in for the roller coaster, lol)
shii405
shii405
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:01 am

Some people on reddit, twitter still in denial over Rey's parents. One of the few things movie actually adressed. One of my dissapointments with the movie, it was really left open-ended on many fronts.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:21 am

DarthRen wrote:Some people on reddit, twitter still in denial over Rey's parents. One of the few things movie actually adressed. One of my dissapointments with the movie, it was really left open-ended on many fronts.
@DarthRen

I've also seen people in denial over the 'romantic tension', saying Mark was just trolling. I despair, I really do.
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ynqve Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:27 am

Blackcanary wrote:
DarthRen wrote:Some people on reddit, twitter still in denial over Rey's parents. One of the few things movie actually adressed. One of my dissapointments with the movie, it was really left open-ended on many fronts.
@DarthRen

I've also seen people in denial over the 'romantic tension', saying Mark was just trolling. I despair, I really do.
@Blackcanary

Give them time. I think it'll settle down once people have had time to process the movie. We're quick to accept Reylo and ReyRandom because that's where we thought it was heading but most people were blindsided by it.
Ynqve
Ynqve
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:43 am

Blackcanary wrote:
@DarthRen

@Blackcanary

People are still split on them and movie. I hope movie does well, if not, then it could be a problem for JJ, LF and us fans.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:44 am

Blackcanary wrote:
@DarthRen

@Blackcanary

It's their blindness. We can't do anything about it
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcanary Fri 15 Dec 2017, 5:46 am

DarthRen wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:
@DarthRen

@Blackcanary

People are still split on them and movie. I hope movie does well, if not, then it could be a problem for JJ, LF and us fans.
@DarthRen

The Reylo section actually seems to be going down very well with the general audience (obviously, there's the usual Mary Whitehouse- style moralising from the usual suspects on Reddit, etc. but that was to be expected).

Also, half the internet right now seems to be people thirsting over Kylo. That certainly helps make Rey's choices and feelings seem understandable. Wink
Blackcanary
Blackcanary
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:07 am

I'm not an expert but I can say who created this new trilogy knew what it was doing.
Reylo was already inside the script of the previous film. It seems to me that Pablo Hidalgo also said something. so they knew what would happen in episode VIII.
many people obviously did not take the Reylo couple well, but they already knew that, and they continued and will continue until the last episode.
the cards are on the table the ink is dry Very Happy saluti
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:12 am

Blackcanary wrote:
DarthRen wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:
@DarthRen

@Blackcanary

@DarthRen

The Reylo section actually seems to be going down very well with the general audience (obviously, there's the usual Mary Whitehouse- style moralising from the usual suspects on Reddit, etc. but that was to be expected).

Also, half the internet right now seems to be people thirsting over Kylo. That certainly helps make Rey's choices and feelings seem understandable. Wink
@Blackcanary

Beyond reddit. At the cinema, I talked to few folks after the movie to exchange thoughts on everything. To them it was pretty dissapointing with Luke and how they handled his character among few other things, this one was a big no-no for them. They acknowledged Reylo but also called Kylo manipulative, jerk for saying Rey is nobody without him by her side and the end well. They see pros but also cons but not sure if Kylo is capable of redemption but one girl said him holding the pair of dice Luke give Leia, kinda gave Ben away. Romantic future is where they seemed sceptical.

I have to talk to my friends who hate Reylo, what they gonna say about it.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:17 am

Blackcanary wrote:
@DarthRen

@Blackcanary

I'm one of the fans who didn't read quite as much romantic subtext in Rey and Kylo's interactions in TFA as some others did, but sheesh, when you show a girl in a guy's personal quarters while he's shirtless and she's a bit embarrassed, that sure as hell isn't platonic. That bit is clearly there to show that Rey is aware of Kylo as a man.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helix Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:22 am

SheLitAFire wrote:And is DJ (don't join, yay! That's on my bingo card!) Still alive?
@SheLitAFire

I loved that he had a stutter.
Helix
Helix
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Dec 2017, 6:33 am

SheLitAFire wrote:The people in my theater cheered and clapped when Kylo killed Snoke instead of Rey. That was pretty cool.
@SheLitAFire

Mine too, it made me happy!

Rei of Sunshine wrote:I forgot to mention how I enjoyed all BB8 scenes. Especially all those callbacks to Kylo's line "the droid stole a freighter?"

@Rei of Sunshine

Yes, I thought of Kylo's line too when BB-8 showed up with the stolen ship! Too cute.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:36 am

Saracene wrote:I really loved how Yoda's appearance washed down the bad taste of Prequel!Yoda who I honestly couldn't stand along with the rest of the Jedi. It didn't feel like mere fanservice at all.
@Saracene

YES! This. I really loved crazy good old Yoda from ESB.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Fri 15 Dec 2017, 7:39 am

Darth_Awakened wrote:
@Saracene

YES! This. I really loved crazy good old Yoda from ESB.
@Darth_Awakened

I have to agree, I welcomed the return of the zen master Yoda we know so well from TESB.
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next