Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

+58
cherrylipstick
RosiePancake
Gemini
EchoBase
rsalex
FrolickingFizzgig
special_cases
whisperingwillow
LadyHa
Nimbus002
MeadowofAshes
AnneNeville
Helix
Teo oswald
Blackcanary
shii405
Darth_Awakened
Ynqve
AhsokaTano
Moonjump05
Meomeo
DarthRen
DeeBee
AcrosstheStars
liveinsummee
rawpowah
Wizzia
Reylo Lemon
Little_Boots
Night Huntress
ZioRen
Rei of Sunshine
CienaRee
Starliteprism
Mana
Saracene
lauvamp
Darth_marshmallow
Kylo Rey
Irina de France
snufkin
Maria26
Casper
reylo1992
IoJovi
Birdwoman
MissG
LesCousinsDangereux
BenRey
vaderito
Kessel
ReyofLightSide
adamdrivershair
Piper Maru
motherofpearl1
ISeeAnIsland
SheLitAFire
Kylo Men
62 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by reylo1992 Thu 14 Dec 2017, 7:36 pm

Rei of Sunshine wrote:Wasn't there like a leak saying that Daisy was acting out a scene infront of the camera while Adam was off cam saying his lines?

That could've been how they shot the forcebond
@Rei of Sunshine

I think that they did that for the shirtless scene and the hut scene. In the shirtless scene, she says,"I would rather not do it now" and he answers "Yes.Me too!" but we don't see his face. So Adam could have delivered the line in front of Daisy.

You know I can't help but thinking that the shirtless was a sort of foreplay of the hand sex scene. Both these scenes happen at night. I mean, Kylo looks so much like a guy who's preparing to have sex with his girlfriend, already kinda undressed and peacocking in front of her. And Rey sounds so much like an embarrassed girl saying"ew! I would rather not do it now" subtext I am not ready yet. And when she finally reaches out to him in the hut bedroom, she looks so nervous and kinda afraid as he is taking off his glove clothes and approaching her. And then, everyone knows what's happening here and I can't understand how some people couldn't see the sexual subtext here.

Other interesting details: her hairs go down between these two scenes as if Rian wanted to emphasize the evolution from teenager to grown woman
reylo1992
reylo1992
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Discussion: TLJ Movie Spoilers/Rumors

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:16 pm

ZioRen wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:
Blackcanary wrote:
Darth Dingbat wrote:I just realised there was some bits and bobs in the BTS footage that didn't make an appearance in TLJ. For instance, Rose's new hairdo (or was that perhaps her original hairdo which they then changed to the Charlie's Angels 'do?). Or that bit with Leia saluting Poe, Finn and Rose who seem to be going somewhere with bags and backpacks. Probably some others as well. I don't remember seeing that shot of Rey lifting her ignited lightsaber above her head with her rain cloak on. Nor do I remember seeing that shot of seated sad Kylo sharply turning his head towards something? Was that in the film?

No Iceland planet either, unless some of the Crait landscape shots were Iceland. But there was that curious publicity shot of Rey in an Icelandic landscape, and that particular type of landscape never made an appearance at all.
@Darth Dingbat

Rian even said Iceland was his favourite place to film so...????

I was listening to the MSW reaction and they were really puzzled by the lack of things like the crashed ship (which they had filming images of). I have zero clue where that might have fitted into the narrative.

RJ said the original cut was over 3 hours, so it seems like there was a lot snipped.

@Blackcanary

And Luke's compass, the origins of which were even explained in Battlefront. Where was that?
@Darth Dingbat

Catching up and don't know if anyone answered this, but someone lightened up a shot from Kylo's room/hut in his flashback so they could see what Ben Solo's lightsaber looked like, and Luke's compass was on the table alongside it! Not sure what that means, exactly, but it was in the movie.
@ZioRen

Rian said he had to cut quite a few scenes. He hated killing his darlings, he said, but we will get to see them on the blu-ray, hopefully all of them. Rian also said the Art of The Last Jedi book contained concept art for some of these missing scenes, so we should get an idea if there was supposed to be more Rey and Kylo on Ahch-To.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzia Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:20 pm

I wanted to ask your opinion about this, please. Do you think Luke really gave up on Ben or not ? I don't know what to think about it. It seems he gave up but he says to Leia "No one is never really gone", then he says to Ben before leaving that they will see each other again. It gives me a little hope that somehow Luke still wants Ben solo to come back, but his attitude towards him at the end makes me wondering about this. I don't like to think that his family abandonned him (Leia disappointed me in TLJ about that, yes he killed Han, but she knows that Ben was manipulated by Snoke  from the beginning, he is her only son. Han at least still believed in Ben in the end).
Wizzia
Wizzia
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:34 pm

reylo1992 wrote:
Rei of Sunshine wrote:Wasn't there like a leak saying that Daisy was acting out a scene infront of the camera while Adam was off cam saying his lines?

That could've been how they shot the forcebond
@Rei of Sunshine

I think that they did that for the shirtless scene and the hut scene. In the shirtless scene, she says,"I would rather not do it now" and he answers "Yes.Me too!" but we don't see his face. So Adam could have delivered the line in front of Daisy.

You know I can't help but thinking that the shirtless was a sort of foreplay of the hand sex scene. Both these scenes happen at night. I mean, Kylo looks so much like a guy who's preparing to have sex with his girlfriend, already kinda undressed and peacocking in front of her. And Rey sounds so much like an embarrassed girl saying"ew! I would rather not do it now" subtext I am not ready yet. And when she finally reaches out to him in the hut bedroom, she looks so nervous and kinda afraid as he is taking off his glove clothes and approaching her. And then, everyone knows what's happening here and I can't understand how some people couldn't see the sexual subtext here.

Other interesting details: her hairs go down between these two scenes as if Rian wanted to emphasize the evolution from teenager to grown woman
@reylo1992

I still think they needed Adam and Daisy both on set for both sides of the forcebond. I think it would be something Adam would require as a method actor. If Kylo and Rey are seeing each other across the bond, then Adam and Daisy also needs to see each other as they act out the lines. I think the "Besties" joke between them might be something Rian said while they shot the FB scenes, particularly the hut scene, because at that point Rey and Kylo seemed to have reached a point of being "besties" Lol i dunno why I'm rationalizing that. But it could be.

I noticed that scene with her hair too! It's also fitting that Rey and Ben are alone together and the scene was so intimate with sexual tension abound. Afterwhich she confronts Luke and leaves to go to Ben. There I noticed she already changed her clothes with the black undertunic. Sort of symbolic how she's had a taste of the Dark Side I guess?
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:38 pm

Wizzia wrote:I wanted to ask your opinion about this, please. Do you think Luke really gave up on Ben or not ? I don't know what to think about it. It seems he gave up but he says to Leia "No one is never really gone", then he says to Ben before leaving that they will see each other again. It gives me a little hope that somehow Luke still wants Ben solo to come back, but his attitude towards him at the end makes me wondering about this. I don't like to think that his family abandonned him (Leia disappointed me in TLJ about that, yes he killed Han, but she knows that Ben was manipulated by Snoke  from the beginning, he is her only son. Han at least still believed in Ben in the end).
@Wizzia

I think Luke gave up on him being the one to bring Ben back. I think he realized that Ben can be brought back, but it won't be through Luke or Leia. It will be, I think, through Ben's love for Rey.

I was disappointed in his family as well.
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

I saw the movie with the dullest audience. Very little reaction to....anything. I don't know if everyone hated it? And this was a fan event.

It was amazing seeing it all on the big screen.

I am going back for a late showing. A lot to take in.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

Wizzia wrote:I wanted to ask your opinion about this, please. Do you think Luke really gave up on Ben or not ? I don't know what to think about it. It seems he gave up but he says to Leia "No one is never really gone", then he says to Ben before leaving that they will see each other again. It gives me a little hope that somehow Luke still wants Ben solo to come back, but his attitude towards him at the end makes me wondering about this. I don't like to think that his family abandonned him (Leia disappointed me in TLJ about that, yes he killed Han, but she knows that Ben was manipulated by Snoke  from the beginning, he is her only son. Han at least still believed in Ben in the end).
@Wizzia

I don't believe Luke gave up on Ben. Especially with his line that no one is ever really gone, and him telling Ben they'll see each other around.

Despite that the scene looked like Luke showing off his cool "you can't defeat me" powers to his already unstable nephew, I think his purpose there was to leave a message to Ben. That he accepts whatever has happened, (I dont remember if he apologized for trying to kill Ben) but that he trusts that things will sort itself out. And that he will never leave Ben, just like Han won't.

It's also Luke's acceptance that he has tried his best, and he willingly leaves it all up to the Force. Yoda's message to him also helped him accept that Rey and maybe Ben will make their own decisions and that old rules and old religions no longer hold a place in the new world.

Luke had spiritual enlightenment. Leia however did not, and her giving up on Ben was brought about by desperation on her situation. But Luke helped her still hold on to hope. We will never know now how Leia could've helped redeem Ben. But I believe that in Ep 9, Leia's death will affect him and his choices greatly.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:48 pm

So, do we think Kylo planned to kill Snoke all along? Or did he snap when Snoke said he was manipulating the Force bond? I would like to think Kylo planned it all along.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:48 pm

@Wizzia

Luke had a very knowing look on his face throughout his confrontation with his nephew. I didn’t see it so much as Luke giving up on Ben but rather as him accepting and understanding that he couldn’t bring him back. Luke didn’t say Ben couldn’t come back, and maybe he’s had visions we aren’t yet privy to. Yoda said Luke could still save Rey, but she didn’t need him to save her. Although he freaked out about Rey and Ben’s connection at first, maybe he came to a deeper understanding of it. When the ground cracked beneath Rey and Luke, he was appalled that she went straight for the darkness but I think he came to see that she sought only deeper understanding and not for the reasons Ben went towards it. In conclusion, I think Luke saw through Kylo’s bullsith and has a flicker of hope that Ben might yet return for Rey.

Back to top Go down

Post by liveinsummee Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:57 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:I saw the movie with the dullest audience. Very little reaction to....anything. I don't know if everyone hated it? And this was a fan event.

@ReyofLightSide

Ohh.. When i watched TLJ, most of the audience.. Screaming when they see Luke, give big "ooh" when kylo shirtless,, cheering when Kylo and Rey team up, clapped their hands when the movie end.. And give sad reaction when there's word "in memory for carrie fisher"..

liveinsummee
liveinsummee
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://modestmi.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzia Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:58 pm

Thank you all for answering me. I feel better now, because Luke is one of my favorite character (with Rey and Kylo) and I love him because he never gave up on Anakin so it was horrible for me to consider that maybe he gave up on his nephew, it didn't make sense. You are probably right, he still believes in Ben to come Back but that it's not him who can help him but Rey. Smile
Wizzia
Wizzia
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Thu 14 Dec 2017, 8:59 pm

Did anyone notice it looked like Rey smuggled the Jedi books on the MF- or did Luke place them there?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Dec 2017, 9:02 pm

ReyofLightSide wrote:So, do we think Kylo planned to kill Snoke all along? Or did he snap when Snoke said he was manipulating the Force bond? I would like to think Kylo planned it all along.
@ReyofLightSide

My personal sense of it was Kylo's decision to kill Snoke at that point was impulsive. The Visual Dictionary makes it sound like it’s something that’s been incubating in his mind since Han told his son Snoke would destroy him, but I don’t think he had any solid plans. When Rey got all up close and personal in the elevator, telling Ben she would help him, I would say that spurred him on. From the look on his face, he was planning to grasp the opportunity if it arose but knew he’d have to keep up the charade of being the obedient servant to succeed. It didn’t seem like it was premeditated to the extent of having a plan post-killing Snoke, other than to keep Rey at his side. His uncertainty and pleading with her showed he wasn’t prepared with a back up plan for her rejecting him either.

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:30 pm

Just now got my seat in the theater, movie starts in 30 min! There was a little boy (like 4 maybe) in the hallway coming out of an earlier showing who was dressed as Vader and he was like "kylo lives!" To his mom and she was like "yeah, he does sweetie, he does" Love
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:40 pm

Bless Mark for canonizing Reylo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7jxes4/mark_hamill_talks_about_romantic_tension_between/

I bet it's been discussed somewhere else but why the hell not repost it eevrywhere.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AcrosstheStars Thu 14 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

vaderito wrote:Bless Mark for canonizing Reylo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7jxes4/mark_hamill_talks_about_romantic_tension_between/

I bet it's been discussed somewhere else but why the * not repost it eevrywhere.
@vaderito

Hopefully Rian will spell it out too when post-release interviews happen with him. I’ve avoided the images and clips and most of the dialogue, but even just going by the summaries and reviews, I’m really not understanding how anyone could watch what’s been described and conclude there was either nothing romantically at all there or yeah, but it’s over and done for good. That sounds opposite of what the screen actually showed!
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri 15 Dec 2017, 12:08 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:I saw the movie with the dullest audience. Very little reaction to....anything. I don't know if everyone hated it? And this was a fan event.

@ReyofLightSide

Same here!
I swear I was the only one laughing at the jokes (even the one about pasty Hux)
and.. I was the only one audibly sniggering when Rey asked Kylo if he had a towel or somethng he could put on Wink haaaaa..
I should have gone to the midnight showing. I will for IX!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 1:52 am

Finally watched it with my girlfriend last night. We got home at 3:00 AM  and is almost 9:00 AM here now. I had to calm down a bit because it was a rollercoster ride. I have to say mixed reactions of amazing and some things not being explained. Reylo scenes look better on screen than just with lame potato quality copies people usually make.

I'll make my review but one funny moment happened in my theare. When Kylo refused to stop the assault and made that Renperor and Reyemress proposal to Rey. One guy in like two seats before me yelled Go fu*k yourself Kylo, you and your eight-pack. Bunch of people laughed at that.

Btw love porgs and caretaker nuns. Some comedy gold right there.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:20 am

Two questions I pose to you lovely folks.

1. What did you all make of Anakin's saber getting caught in the middle of both Rey and Kylo, so unable to pull one way or the other that it exploded? That seemed enormously symbolic to me considering what happened in TFA, but for some reason I can't quite wrap my head around it. It somewhat seemed like the saber "chose" Rey before because Kylo wasn't worthy of it, or because the Force willed it into the hands it needed to be in. But why is it different now? It's not as if Kylo's in a better place than he was back at the end of TFA considering the choice he made.

2. Why do you think Rian said the keyword to understand this movie was "balance"? Because from what I've seen/know, the concept of balance doesn't come up that much in this movie? There definitely doesn't seem to be a balance between Kylo and Rey, dark and light, since Kylo ends this movie in a way that's portrayed pretty firmly in the wrong. I swear this statement of Rian's was one of the main reasons I ended up surprised at how TLJ turned out.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by DarthRen Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:21 am

One thing is not clear to me. Is Poe FS because once Rey started to scream, he waked up as Supremacy approached. Was this a conicidence or he has these abilities. Not to mention Damerey fans would be hyped about this + that first meeting.
DarthRen
DarthRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Moonjump05 Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:50 am

Meomeo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:One thing is not clear to me. Is Poe FS because once Rey started to scream, he waked up as Supremacy approached. Was this a conicidence or he has these abilities. Not to mention Damerey fans would be hyped about this + that first meeting.
@DarthRen what does FS mean?
Seriously I have a very bad feeling about Poe and Rey. They do not suddenly shove that first meeting and "hi" to our faces for nothing. I am convinced they want to set up Poe as a potential love interest for Rey if they get bad reaction about Reylo.
@Meomeo

No, Poe is not force sensitive.  It was a dramatic cut.

And good Lord people, Damerey is not happening.  They smiled and said 'hi' to each other.  Rey went to the Supremacy and faced Snoke to bring back Ben.  They had UST since TFA.  It isn't comparable.

Edit:
Meomeo wrote:Anyone tell me if Admiral Holdo is alive in the end or she was killed?
@Meomeo
She dead, noble sacrifice.
Moonjump05
Moonjump05
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rei of Sunshine Fri 15 Dec 2017, 3:09 am

Meomeo wrote:
DarthRen wrote:One thing is not clear to me. Is Poe FS because once Rey started to scream, he waked up as Supremacy approached. Was this a conicidence or he has these abilities. Not to mention Damerey fans would be hyped about this + that first meeting.
@DarthRen what does FS mean?
Seriously I have a very bad feeling about Poe and Rey. They do not suddenly shove that first meeting and "hi" to our faces for nothing. I am convinced they want to set up Poe as a potential love interest for Rey if they get bad reaction about Reylo.
@Meomeo

Well if we are to use those 2 measly scenes as proof for Damerey in Ep 9 then that just sucks for them. No relationship development at all. And no plot progression there. It would be an insult to their characters to suddenly be thrown into a relationship that have no reason at all.
Rei of Sunshine
Rei of Sunshine
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next