Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1

+43
Xylo Ren
Darth Dementor
Birdwoman
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Kinbari
MoonlitMoss
Kessel
Darth Dingbat
Search Your Feelings
rey09
Blackcanary
Rimfaxe96
Gemini
ReyofLightSide
vaderito
Maria26
Force22
Little_Boots
Luke Browalker
Mana
Saracene
ChewbaccaFlockaFlame
SanghaRen
MissHarper
Airemyn
Ohtze
spacebaby45678
ISeeAnIsland
Zeralyos
Sylvia Snow
MoonFyre
CienaRee
Reylo Lemon
Darth_Awakened
AnneNeville
Rogue Rey
BlackIsTheColor
IoJovi
Darth Rowan
BastilaBey
RKR Connection
panki
47 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Who is Rey related to?

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 51% 
[ 29 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 57

Poll closed

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1

Post by Zeralyos Sun 27 Mar 2016, 9:43 am

I'm still not completely on board with this theory (more of a Rey Palpatine fan) but her fight with Kylo does mirror Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight at the end of Episode III pretty well.

https://imgur.com/a/UIKqU
Zeralyos
Zeralyos
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1

Post by Reylo Lemon Sun 27 Mar 2016, 10:04 am

Zeralyos wrote:I'm still not completely on board with this theory (more of a Rey Palpatine fan) but her fight with Kylo does mirror Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight at the end of Episode III pretty well.

https://imgur.com/a/UIKqU
Mustafar 2.0 sith snow geek
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 27 Mar 2016, 6:32 pm

What? No votes for Rey Skywalker yet? Twisted Evil (J/K, of course)

I wish this could have been a multi-choice poll! I feel like we had some good, in-film evidence that that she's related to Obi-wan Kenobi, but everything in my gut screams that she's got Dark Side origins in some way. Perhaps Obi-wan's daughter or niece wound up married to Ken Palpatine or something?

I also freakin' LOVE panki's Lord Cronal theory. So much about that fits in with what we've seen so far with these characters. So, I would have loved to have made a "dark horse" vote for Snoke.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 27 Mar 2016, 11:57 pm

How Poe blows up Star Killer Base and Rey Skywalker

wrong comparison of ring theory below, and is what has led most to to the Rey skywalker theory, but if compared is actually incorrect.
Rey lives on a desert planet alone, like a hermit. Both Anakin and Luke have a parent/adoptive parents. Ring composition means a reversal, parallel or mirror. Obi wan ends his life as a Hermit, and Rey begins her life as a alone, this is a classic reversal.

As you can see Poe destroying Starkiller base, kills the theory of a complete parallel for Rey Skywalker.

The Phantom Menace A New Hope
The Force Awakens

Anakin -lives humble life on desert planet
Luke- lives humble life on desert planet
rey -lives humble life on desert planet

Anakin -Aging mentor Qui-Gon dies at the end while fighting Darkside user Aging mentor
Luke -Obi Wan dies at the end while fighting Darkside user
Rey-Aging mentor Han Solo dies at the end while fighting Darkside user
Droid control ship destroyed by Anakin
Death Star destroyed by Luke
StarKiller base destroyed by Poe

Rey in first journey mirrors Obi Wan's EXACTLY! !

The Phantom Menace - A New Hope The Force Awakens
Obi Wan Kenobi Obi Wan lives life alone on a desert planet
Rey lives a life alone on a desert planet
Aging mentor Qui-Gon Dies a the
end while fighting a darkside user
Aging mentor Han Solo dies at the end while fighting Darkside user
Defeats Darkside user calling Qui Gon's
Defeats Darkside user calling Anakin/Luke SABER
Saber '
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Mon 28 Mar 2016, 5:37 am

THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze Mon 28 Mar 2016, 9:05 am

It's hardly based in reality, but ngl I desperately want Rey to be a Shan.
Ohtze
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Airemyn Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:02 am

She could be a Kenobi, I'm torn between that and brand new characters. Perhaps she's related to Snoke.
Airemyn
Airemyn
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Mon 28 Mar 2016, 10:51 am

Visualized: How Obi-Wan Kenobi Rules The Star Wars Universe
Data analysis proves the Jedi master is the most influential figure in the galaxy
http://www.vocativ.com/news/262505/visualized-how-obi-wan-kenobi-rules-the-star-wars-universe/
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by MissHarper Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:05 am

Darth Rowan wrote:This is a good question. Honestly Qui Gon is my favorite of the Jedi (not my favorite Jedi character - does that make sense?) I guess I love how Qui Gon Jedi-ed, lol. He was open minded, he was not afraid to stand up to the council, he was not wrapped up in things being black and white, and he wasn't deterred or swayed by popular opinion. He had conviction and wisdom. He was too cool for the council!

If he is Rey's grandfather or whatever it would be nice foreshadowing of her having those same qualities. I think Rey Jinn would be awesome (aside from that fact that it sounds like RAGING lol). I want Rey to march to the beat of her own drum like Qui Gon did. It would be very cool indeed.

And this would bode well for Reylo. Think about it, who stood for Anakin Skywalker when no one else did? Qui Gon.
If Rey is his descendent, it would be a nice full circle moment when she stands up for Anakin's grandson when no one else with the Force does.

honestly i never imagined that she could be related to Qui Gon but that would be amazing. honestly i love Qui Gon so much because i felt like he walked a very fine line of almost being a Grey Jedi, exactly like you said. for me whether it be Jinn or Kenobi - her being related to them would be a great payoff i think for fans.
MissHarper
MissHarper
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

http://thedarkside-and-thelight.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogue Rey Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:59 am

I think you forgot a possible Father for Rey. Honest to whoever, I remember reading a few weeks ago people were actually debating if Kylo Ren could potentially be Rey's Father!!! lol! lol!

I also don't think that the hardcore SW fans will ever be fully satisfied about who Rey is - even if she turns out to be who they want her to be.
Rogue Rey
Rogue Rey
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by SanghaRen Mon 28 Mar 2016, 5:18 pm

In spite of the symmetry of Rey Kenobi and how beautiful it would be, I see a Rey Dark as more satisfying. I really hope they go for grey force users and her being from dark lineage is just a perfect tool to get there. Plus I am going to go a bit Sith here, but I'd have a blast seeing some of the fans of "Rey = Holy Jedi Goddess who will save the galaxy because she is such a good person" be baffled. We are 2016, the pure good versus pure evil view is a bit passé and naive. Dark lineage would also spread the message that you are not doomed by your lineage and can choose - with the right environment too - who you want to be. However, I don't like the Snoke idea. Unless there is a human figure behind the hologram, I don't see how it would be possible. And please no lab baby. Maybe A Palpatine descendant or the daughter of a new dark side character.

SanghaRen
SanghaRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by CienaRee Mon 28 Mar 2016, 9:44 pm

@SanghaRen,I think Snoke is suppose to be human or at least that's the impression I got from the writers in the TFA art book:

"J.J wanted to base Snoke one the Hammer Films horror movies,giving the design a ghoulish looks.We made a bust out of marble powder,because we talked about him being very pale.And I imagined him to be a beautiful marble sculpture,so dark and menacing,but actually quite beautiful to look at."-Manzella
"It's almost like Snoke was quite handsome when he was younger.And in my mind, the more powerful he's become,the more the Dark Side consumer him.We made his eyes really pale,pale blue so the whites of his eyes are almost the same clue as his skin and costume.Piercing."-Manzella

They also almost made him a female which makes me wonder how many people would be speculating female Snoke is Rey's mother,IMO.
But yeah I also think Rey being from a DS family is the best development for her character.She deffinatly had to have some identity crisis,the writing is demanding it at this point.

CienaRee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ChewbaccaFlockaFlame Mon 28 Mar 2016, 11:15 pm

I'm thinking she's just a newcomer to the Star Wars universe, not related to anyone we already know. With that being said, I really do like Rey Kenobi. it just sounds nice Smile
ChewbaccaFlockaFlame
ChewbaccaFlockaFlame
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Saracene Tue 29 Mar 2016, 2:09 am

I assumed that Rey has to be related to a known character because they made such a huge deal about her being abandoned, flashback and all. I have no concrete ideas on who it might be.

On the other hand, maybe the real question is not *who* Rey's parents are but what happened to them? If, according to the book, she was called "sweetheart" the last time she saw them, it's probably safe to assume that she was loved. And it's hard to imagine any loving parents leaving their daughter in conditions like these, unless they saw no other way to make her safe and had no time to arrange a better option. They might have planned to come back for her, but then they never did because, most likely, they were killed. Who killed them? Maybe the story will be about Rey finding this out, which will then give her a motive for retribution? Because her *parents* is what Rey really cares about; she might find out that she's related to Palpatine or Kenobi or something but they're nothing but distant names to her.
Saracene
Saracene
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://yggdrasille.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mana Tue 29 Mar 2016, 2:23 am

Saracene wrote:I assumed that Rey has to be related to a known character because they made such a huge deal about her being abandoned, flashback and all. I have no concrete ideas on who it might be.

On the other hand, maybe the real question is not *who* Rey's parents are but what happened to them? If, according to the book, she was called "sweetheart" the last time she saw them, it's probably safe to assume that she was loved. And it's hard to imagine any loving parents leaving their daughter in conditions like these, unless they saw no other way to make her safe and had no time to arrange a better option. They might have planned to come back for her, but then they never did because, most likely, they were killed. Who killed them? Maybe the story will be about Rey finding this out, which will then give her a motive for retribution? Because her *parents* is what Rey really cares about; she might find out that she's related to Palpatine or Kenobi or something but they're nothing but distant names to her.
I don't think the story will be about Rey chasing the ghosts of her parents. As Maz said, the belonging she seeks is ahead. Her parents are gone, they're never coming back and I don't think Rey's journey will be overshadowed by the story of her parents. However I'm not saying they're irrelevant. Rey desperately wants answers and at this point she knows whoever she's waiting for will never come back. Rey's parentage reveal in supposed to be 'profoundly satisfying'. Yes, they made a big deal about her being abandoned, but as @FrolickingFizzgig mentioned once, it's probably to give her something in common with her villain Kylo Ren, who's own abandonment issues pushed him more and more towards the dark side.
Mana
Mana
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:17 am

Luke Browalker wrote:She's almost definitely Brobi-Wan's grandaughter. We know Brobi-Wan has loved at least twice (granted only one of those times is canon) and we have a canon instance of Brobi-Wan saying he'd leave the Jedi Order for a woman (Satine), so I don't get how the haters can say it would be totally out of his character to have had a child. If anything,  it makes a somewhat vanilla character much less vanilla.

Not to mention, if Ben Brolo and Rey Kenobi do end up together and have children, then not only does the Skywalker line continue in the saga, but the Kenobi one does, as well. And the combined power of Skywalker and Kenobi kids would be amazing.
I missed you, Brobi! Laughing
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:30 am

Yo! Ohtze here. Your friendly neighborhood mod/dinosaur enthusiast. A few things:

I am modding Rey's Lineage. I haven't read through all the posts here yet, but I will. In the meantime, the Rules for Rey's Lineage Discussion have been posted! Please check 'em out before you make any more posts (it would be much appreciated).

I check this place at least once a day to make sure everything’s up to code, but if something’s goin’ down real fast – and you need me to weigh in on it right away – best to PM me. If I don’t respond, msg one of the other mods/admins. My preference for modding is to have a light touch (i.e. warnings instead of bans, allowing users to edit their posts before I have to). So long as you stick within the Community Rules/rules of the thread, ya'll should be fine.

That's all for now! Surprised
Ohtze
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:32 am

Yo! Ohtze here. Yer friendly neighborhood mod/dinosaur enthusiast. A few things:

I am modding Rey's Lineage. I haven't read through all the posts here yet, but I will. In the meantime, the Rules for Rey's Lineage Discussion have been posted! Please check 'em out before you make any more posts (it would be much appreciated).

I check this place at least once a day, but if something’s goin’ down real fast – and you need me to weigh in on it right away – best to PM me. My preference for modding is to have a light touch (i.e. warnings instead of bans, allowing users to edit their posts before I have to). So long as you stick within the Community Rules/rules of the thread, ya'll should be fine.

That's all for now! Surprised
Ohtze
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ohtze Tue 29 Mar 2016, 9:36 am

Yo! Ohtze here. Your friendly neighborhood mod. A few things:

That's all for now! bounce
Ohtze
Ohtze
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:21 am

Rey being a Kenobi descendant would make her giving the saber to Luke as Obi wan did the first time very poetic as it happened the first time.
Plus her grey outfit at the end is similar to Kenobi concept art from TPM

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Tumblr_o4ri1uHEt01rp3v3zo2_500

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 Latest?cb=20090612044612
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Reylo Lemon Tue 29 Mar 2016, 11:08 am

ARCHIVE: Rey's Lineage Discussion - 1 - Page 2 2ah5phz
I love these little rhymes <3
Reylo Lemon
Reylo Lemon
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm

Here's an interview with Ewan McGregor on how he got involved with TFA if anyone's interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 10:25 pm

Yes I think Rey could be a Kenobi and here's why.
It would be good mirroring or foreshadowing.
Obi-Wan (Ben) started as an allies with Vader aka Kylos grandfather.
However they ended up as enemies. Mortal enemies.
Rey and Kylo start off as enemies and could possibly end up being allies.
Both Vader and Obi-Wan are separated with a final battle however both die without allegiance in the real world. Sad but thats the way it is.
Obi-Wan was Anakins life long friend and "brother".
Kylo and Rey fight and a certain shot mirrors Vaders and Obi-Wans fight from ROTS.

Also, it seems unnatural to me to not have a Kenobi since Kenobi was an influential character in all previous films. Maybe Finn is a Kenobi GASP lol joke, but no seriously, I believe Rey could be a Kenobi.
Vader had serious hatred for this man because he believed Obi-Wan formed a alliance with his wife Padme.
Meanwhile Kylo is clearly drawn to Rey but for what purpose? Doesnt make sense for him to be drawn to some nobody and lets face it Kenobi is no nobody.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Little_Boots Tue 29 Mar 2016, 11:20 pm

Could be her grandfather.
Palpatine seduced Anakin to the dark side.
While Rey in a shift seduces Kylo to the light. Who knows.
Little_Boots
Little_Boots
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next