Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

+50
guardienne
C.V
Lily Snape
Kessel
Slade
MeadowofAshes
IoJovi
FrolickingFizzgig
Darth Dementor
BastilaBey
Birdwoman
ISeeAnIsland
Forsythia
Wizzia
LadyHa
Helix
Kyla Ren
Marchtwin
Kylo Ren
salmund
panki
Starchaser
Reynak
Blackcanary
Darth Dingbat
CienaRee
Saracene
SoloSideCousin
Search Your Feelings
ZioRen
Mana
Rei of Sunshine
Irina de France
Xylo Ren
Reylo Lemon
snufkin
ladyconsular
Krafty
Rimfaxe96
soulluos
ZenBrainJam
Little_Boots
EchoBase
Force22
MissG
spacebaby45678
Darth_Awakened
Macha Ren
Sylvia Snow
MindAndMagic
54 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

Post by SoloSideCousin Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Slade wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
EchoBase wrote:So the Star Wars Celebration Artwork is officially called "Rey's abduction".

http://www.darkinkart.com/collections/star-wars-celebration-europe-2016/products/reys-abduction-erik-maell

Oh and this comment from the artist on his Instagram account is also very interesting.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Image65
@EchoBase
It's smaller than the others so it's among the cheapest in the collection. Those of you who want to pick it up should try to go as fast as possible because the price tag makes it more appealing.
@FrolickingFizzgig @AppleCrumble122

You can preorder online (begins June 20th) and then pick it up at the Celebration.
@EchoBase

"in the style of Dracula"--Oh, myyyyy...
@Slade

Yeah, no sex there. Gary Oldman and Frank Langella as Dracula; and Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Antonio Banderas as Louis, Lestat and Armand had no sexiness going for them either. Pure monsters through and through. LOL!!!!!!!
@SoloSideCousin
None of those monsters is represented in a sympathetic light either. Impossible.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Louis and Lestat are portrayed sympathetically, particularly Louis, and so is Gary Oldman's Dracula. Or am I misunderstanding you?
@SoloSideCousin
Misunderstanding lol. You were being sarcastic and I continued it. Imhotep, Frankenstein and Dracula are all intentionally rather sympathetic. They are all in the "too fargone" category of villains though.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Lol! Maybe not Louis and Lestat ... I always have a soft spot for those guys. :-)
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Empty Re: ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:15 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Slade wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
EchoBase wrote:So the Star Wars Celebration Artwork is officially called "Rey's abduction".

http://www.darkinkart.com/collections/star-wars-celebration-europe-2016/products/reys-abduction-erik-maell

Oh and this comment from the artist on his Instagram account is also very interesting.

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Image65
@EchoBase
It's smaller than the others so it's among the cheapest in the collection. Those of you who want to pick it up should try to go as fast as possible because the price tag makes it more appealing.

You can preorder online (begins June 20th) and then pick it up at the Celebration.
@EchoBase

@Slade

Yeah, no sex there. Gary Oldman and Frank Langella as Dracula; and Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Antonio Banderas as Louis, Lestat and Armand had no sexiness going for them either. Pure monsters through and through. LOL!!!!!!!
@SoloSideCousin
None of those monsters is represented in a sympathetic light either. Impossible.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Louis and Lestat are portrayed sympathetically, particularly Louis, and so is Gary Oldman's Dracula. Or am I misunderstanding you?
@SoloSideCousin
Misunderstanding lol. You were being sarcastic and I continued it. Imhotep, Frankenstein and Dracula are all intentionally rather sympathetic. They are all in the "too fargone" category of villains though.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Lol! Maybe not Louis and Lestat ... I always have a soft spot for those guys. :-)
@SoloSideCousin
Definitely not Louis and Lestat! I was referring to the "monsters" the artist mentioned above (Imhotep, Frankenstein and Dracula). Louis and Lestat are very, very different. I admit I've only seen the film though. Never read the book.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

http://frolickingfizzgig.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MeadowofAshes Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:17 pm

BastilaBey wrote:I love Lestat so much. Can't wait for the remake of interview and hope they don't gloss over certain fundamental aspects of Louis and Lestat's relationship this time.

But yeah, the monster carrying the bride is somehow more heavy handed in this art than it even was in the movie - and even then it made me sit up a little straighter in my seat, thinking 'did he just do what I thought?'  Laughing
@BastilaBey

There's a remake in the works? O_____O

Several years ago I suggested to my family we all watch Interview together and my dad's remark, trying to figure out exactly which vampire movie I was talking about, was "isn't that the one with the gay vampires?" Yeah... No sexual subtext to vampires at all... XD

I don't typically do monster movies so thank you for pointing that out earlier, btw. Good point.

MeadowofAshes
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BastilaBey Sat 18 Jun 2016, 10:36 pm

@meadowofashes Yes there is and apparently the director is wanting Jared Leto for the role. Although I think @solosidecousin's idea of Hiddleston and AD is more than acceptable Twisted Evil . Hiddleston and Tilda Swinton were dynamite in Only Lovers Left Alive!

Oh yeahhh all those monster movies basically have the tragic monster character developing a longing fixation for the beautiful young woman. Phantom of the Opera is the one I've seen Reylo compared to most often but it's key that JJ was borrowing from another genre there, to drive the point home. Star Wars being a fairytale, we hope there'll be an evolution on his part from pining to genuinely selfless love.
BastilaBey
BastilaBey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Slade Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:36 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
SoloSideCousin wrote:
Slade wrote:
EchoBase wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:

@EchoBase

@EchoBase

@Slade

@SoloSideCousin
@FrolickingFizzgig

Louis and Lestat are portrayed sympathetically, particularly Louis, and so is Gary Oldman's Dracula. Or am I misunderstanding you

Last edited by Slade on Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Empty Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings

Post by Slade Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:37 pm

BastilaBey wrote:I love Lestat so much. Can't wait for the remake of interview and hope they don't gloss over certain fundamental aspects of Louis and Lestat's relationship this time.

But yeah, the monster carrying the bride is somehow more heavy handed in this art than it even was in the movie - and even then it made me sit up a little straighter in my seat, thinking 'did he just do what I thought?'  Laughing
@BastilaBey

They are remaking Interview?  OMG.
Slade
Slade
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun 19 Jun 2016, 3:54 am

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Image10

About that comic book cover. I also totally forgot to mention the blatant yin yang imagery. Half a sun and half a moon, ren is over the sun and Rey is covering the moon. Showing the opposing aspects

Also someone mentioned it looked like the mask was breaking off?

I agree and notice 2 very interesting things, underneath the cracking mask (where a part has fallen off) is blinding light. Secondly it's the side of the mask where Rey is standing. It's her who is making this happen within him?

Last edited by Gemini on Sun 19 Jun 2016, 4:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Gemini
Gemini
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Sun 19 Jun 2016, 4:02 am

Gemini wrote:About that comic book cover. I also totally forgot to mention the blatant yin yang imagery. Half a sun and half a moon, ren is over the sun and Rey is covering the moon. Showing the opposing aspects

Also someone mentioned it looked like the mask was breaking off?

I agree and notice 2 very interesting things, underneath the cracking mask (where a part has fallen off) is blinding light. Secondly it's the side of the mask where Rey is standing. It's her who is making this happen within him?
@Gemini

I agree. She is bringing his light to the surface. I am actually very interested in seeing his light and how "blinding" it can be. The fact that he hasn't lost it after all this time and how the darkness makes him miserable and how he has to fight to be dark tells me that there has to be something pretty profound about the light in him.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Jun 2016, 9:52 am

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Tumblr_o90s2svvIN1v9dpg4o1_500

The Star Wars lego book is cute. Smile
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 9:57 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Tumblr_o90s2svvIN1v9dpg4o1_500

@FrolickingFizzgig

Anakin (at least I think it's him) looks annoyed that he's not at the forefront anymore! XD he's been taken over by his grandson.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:00 am

AppleCrumble122 wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Tumblr_o90s2svvIN1v9dpg4o1_500

@FrolickingFizzgig

Anakin (at least I think it's him) looks annoyed that he's not at the forefront anymore! XD he's been taken over by his grandson.
@AppleCrumble122
LOL YEAH, poor Annie. It's a hard-knock life. :/

They're just clearly presenting Kylo and Rey as two halves of a whole. They didn't even do this with Vader and Luke. This is obviously not the best the example because it's from an obscure Lego book, but it's just one of many at this point.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Xylo Ren Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:00 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

Wow, Rey's his same height now?  Wink love the marketing for these two.

Man, it reminds me of the tag I saw on a Kylo plush yesterday while I was at Wal Mart. On the left side of the tag it had BB8 and Finn plushes, and on the right side it had Rey and Kylo. I wanted to take a pic and share it here but my sister was with me and she can be mercilessly judgmental. Rolling Eyes
Xylo Ren
Xylo Ren
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:06 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
AppleCrumble122 wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@AppleCrumble122
LOL YEAH, poor Annie. It's a hard-knock life. :/

They're just clearly presenting Kylo and Rey as two halves of a whole. They didn't even do this with Vader and Luke. This is obviously not the best the example because it's from an obscure Lego book, but it's just one of many at this point.
@FrolickingFizzgig

Hahaha! Yep. But what is up with that design lol! I don't think it looks like him at all personally. And I've just noticed Padmes creepy smile... Shocked

Agreed though! It's like that hallmark item again. I think this is intentional on Disney/LF's part, they're going to keep slowly marketing them subtly like this until BANG with the release of Episode VIII. Then it'll be everywhere in our faces! Speaking of lego though, I can't wait for the video game. I know this'll never happen, but it would be hilarious if Kylo Ren swoons and faints when Rey gets the lightsaber! XD

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:13 am

Speaking of the Hallmark keychain, when was it supposed to be for sale? I forget. I'd love to buy one.
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by IoJovi Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:15 am

Yeah I saw that keychain I want to say back in April and I have to have. I think it was slated for release in July, I think?
IoJovi
IoJovi
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:30 am

ARCHIVE: Rey and Kylo - Beauty and the Beast, Scavenger and the Monstah, Their Bond, His Love, Her Confused Feelings - 8 - Page 3 Tumblr_o8zmr2b9qG1v30h62o1_1280

And here's the Lego version of the main poster. Adorable!
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth_Awakened Sun 19 Jun 2016, 10:44 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

LOL Darth Maul!
I can be such a child sometimes.
Darth_Awakened
Darth_Awakened
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:07 am

@FrolickingFizzgig

Is that Obi-Wan behind Rey, and Anakin behind Kylo? Becuase, that would be....pretty telling in a way. Family ties wise. Just speculating here.
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:12 am

Krafty wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

Is that Obi-Wan behind Rey, and Anakin behind Kylo? Becuase, that would be....pretty telling in a way. Family ties wise. Just speculating here.
@Krafty
Other than Rey and Kylo the characters just seem randomly placed to me (mix of PT and ST). There really doesn't seem to be a pattern. I don't think Obi-Wan being there has any significance. Doubt the Lego people who designed the images have any clue what Rey's heritage is. I doubt they know what the direction of the narrative is at all actually.

I'm a doubter of Rey Kenobi, so I might not be the best judge. xD
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Krafty Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:22 am

FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Krafty wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Krafty
Other than Rey and Kylo the characters just seem randomly placed to me (mix of PT and ST). There really doesn't seem to be a pattern. I don't think Obi-Wan being there has any significance. Doubt the Lego people who designed the images have any clue what Rey's heritage is. I doubt they know what the direction of the narrative is at all actually.

@FrolickingFizzgig

You're probably right. I'm currently exhausting myself trying to debunk all possibility of Rey Skywalker, so I have my very biased Reylo glasses on. Haha! I'm getting so nervous as time goes on, I mean my Reylo faith is strong, but I'm still going to make sure I see episode VIII after all the veteran Reylos do, so I don't get my hopes crushed in the theater!
Krafty
Krafty
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FrolickingFizzgig Sun 19 Jun 2016, 11:34 am

Krafty wrote:
FrolickingFizzgig wrote:
Krafty wrote:

@FrolickingFizzgig

@Krafty

@FrolickingFizzgig

You're probably right. I'm currently exhausting myself trying to debunk all possibility of Rey Skywalker, so I have my very biased Reylo glasses on. Haha! I'm getting so nervous as time goes on, I mean my Reylo faith is strong, but I'm still going to make sure I see episode VIII after all the veteran Reylos do, so I don't get my hopes crushed in the theater!
@Krafty
I don't think fans have any real shot at guessing Rey's heritage because it'll probably be important to the actual story of the ST. I guess we'll see. I'm not against Rey Kenobi, I just fail to see how the writers could believably connect Rey to a man we know never had a child without some seriously annoying retcon and a convoluted backstory that has no place in the current narrative. Rey just seems "bigger" than Kenobi or Skywalker to me.

Rey isn't a Skywalker, don't worry. There's absolutely no way. Bloodline and just about every other recent development (from JJ to Pablo) has really blown the possibility out of the water.

We'll have a good idea of what VIII is about long before the release. Pablo has said that the most major leaks happen in the marketing stage, which starts around 8 months in advance. We'll know one way or another. I'm not a Reylo shipper (I'm pretty much 90% here for Ben's redemption arc), but I see that the redemption they're telling probably has to go hand in hand with Rey and Kylo forging some kind of mutually beneficial bond.
FrolickingFizzgig
FrolickingFizzgig
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by spacebaby45678 Sun 19 Jun 2016, 12:08 pm

The backstory and "retcon"  for Obi Wan has already been done in Clone Wars... because GL made it so. It is elaborate, meticulous and well written. Absolutely nothing convoluted or hackjob about it.
spacebaby45678
spacebaby45678
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sun 19 Jun 2016, 2:06 pm

Posted this a couple of places and don't know if the non-US members will be able to watch (or you'll need to get the Hola VPN extension for Chrome or Firefox to view), but it's a really good discussion between Charlie Rose with Cass Sunstein (Harvard Law professor) who's written about the overarching themes of the series. He talks A LOT about Redemption and how love is at the root of it. Also the other person besides GL who gets credited for shaping the stories is Lawrence Kasdan, really worth watching.

snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Search Your Feelings Sun 19 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm

@FrolickingFizzgig

This probably means nothing, but I posted this in another thread:
Did anyone notice ObiWan is right behind Rey and Anakin is right behind Kylo?  The two grandfathers (if you're a Rey Kenobi theorist which I am until told otherwise) Laughing It does, however, make sense to position Obi and Ani that way because they were the mains in the PT/Force but still.

EDIT: ugh, late to the table again, it was already posted! Still catching up Laughing
Search Your Feelings
Search Your Feelings
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next