Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

+56
justyou
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
rey09
SW_Heroine_Journey
nemapasara
Forsythia
LadyGaufrette
bruna8728
SanghaRen
Moonlight13
Apriljandy
special_cases
nickandnora
PalmettoBlue
princessmoon
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
fuhry
giaciak2
MrsWindu
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
Armadeus
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SkyStar
Starliteprism
Darth Rowan
thescavenger
lauvamp
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
AhsokaTano
AcrosstheStars
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Gemlake
reylo1992
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
panki
60 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 11 Mar 2018, 11:40 am

princessmoon wrote:Titles I like:
A Spark Of Hope
A Call to the Light
The Only Hope
@princessmoon

There is speculation on the tumblr that A Spark of Hope is the title, since it is in the opening crawl of TLJ.

So we would have: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi, A Spark of Hope

Also Hope would bookend A New Hope nicely, and Leia's theme of hope.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 5 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by Night Huntress Sun 11 Mar 2018, 11:44 am

but a A Spark of Hope doesn't sound like the ending of the trilogy - more like the beginning? Nope
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Sun 11 Mar 2018, 5:25 pm

Night Huntress wrote:but a A Spark of Hope doesn't sound like the ending of the trilogy - more like the beginning? Nope
@Night Huntress

yeah you right but maybe JJ does not want to close .. but leave a final that can give a following ... if ever there will be one
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 11 Mar 2018, 5:56 pm

Rebels first episode was called Spark of Rebellion, so it's sort of on the nose with one that has already been established. I think whatever the title will be, it'll include the words 'of the" between the two main words to keep the poetry motiff of Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi. I keep going back to Knights of the New Republic for this very reason and that it forms a sentence with the other titles in this trilogy. Not to mention it could have multiple meanings with Jedi that either Rey trains or surprisingly survired the destruction of Luke's Jedi, the Knights of Ren, and that everyone restoring the New Republic is a knight of a new era within the galaxy. Knights also has has a balance quality if you will that Return and Revenge don't fully. There's so many directions the title leads. Just as both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi have evolving titles as their stories unfold I think Knights of the New Republic could have the same effect.

Last edited by BB-Rey on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 11 Mar 2018, 6:11 pm

Teo oswald wrote:
Night Huntress wrote:but a A Spark of Hope doesn't sound like the ending of the trilogy - more like the beginning? Nope
@Night Huntress

yeah you right but maybe JJ does not want to close .. but leave a final that can give a following ... if ever there will be one
@Teo oswald

@Night Huntress - I like 'A Spark of Hope' - I can see how it sounds like a beginning... but 'The Last Jedi' sounds like the final movie and it was actually the middle movie..

@Teo oswald - the movie will have an end. However, the story of the force continues on and always will - the force is eternal! Very Happy

Movie titles seem to have more than one meaning - sometimes depending on the context of where you are looking at the story in the movie itself. I think.
A spark of hope at the start of IX could be Rey not being the last Jedi, the resistance and the open possibility of Kylo/Ben being redeemed.
At the end of IX, it could be that once balance is achieved, the FO defeated, and a new version of democracy or freedom is in place - there is a hope that at least some of the mistakes of history will have been learned and that galaxy wide war can be avoided in future. And balance of the force maintained. This could see the restablishing of the Jedi order (new version not old version) - which I think the story is hinting somehow helps protect peace in the galaxy but at the end of TLJ this is not yet made clear.

It just better not mean 'Oh Kylo/Ben has moved into another dimension so there is a spark of hope that Rey and Kylo/Ben will be together again someday'. If this is the title, and they go with them being separated at the end - hinting someday they will be together - I will literally throw my shoes at the movie screen and curse JJ and KK and anyone else with double initials! rofl.
A spark of hope is probably not even going to be the movie title haaaa but still fun to play with it..
Give me a happy ending Disney.
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sun 11 Mar 2018, 7:01 pm

Duel of the Fates Shocked
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:54 am

Hope was mentioned a LOT in TLJ, just like Luke was in TFA (and he was meant to be The Last Jedi and now it's Rey)
and spark was used a lot as well. In some ways Spark of Hope doesn't sound as Star Wars-y to me.....and I would also think there would be an
"of the" in the third of the trilogy title.

The first two titles were also really about Rey, so what do we think would describe her for 9?
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:34 am

Reign of Something

Reign of Skywalker would be cool, but I'm not sure that they are marketing Kylo as Skywalker

Rise of Something

I can't wait to hear the title. I think it will be something surprising. WIll we get it in 6-7 months?
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:22 am

Starliteprism wrote:Duel of the Fates Shocked
@Starliteprism

Dual of the Fates? Would be an interesting play on words.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:03 pm

thescavenger wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Duel of the Fates Shocked
@Starliteprism

Dual of the Fates? Would be an interesting play on words.
@thescavenger

Haha. That it could be. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:38 pm

I'm afraid they may go with Spark. I hated spark quotes but since TLJ drew its title from actual quotes ("the last jedi"), I expect spark to feature. Also, spark-ling diamond. Sad
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:44 pm

The 3rd trilogy movies have been Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi (Kasdan wanted it to be Revenge), so would it be the same ontological structure about a a Resolution involving one of the central groups/identity?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 14 Mar 2018, 12:45 pm

vaderito wrote:I'm afraid they may go with Spark. I hated spark quotes but since TLJ drew its title from actual quotes ("the last jedi"), I expect spark to feature. Also, spark-ling diamond. Sad
@vaderito
The Last Jedi (as in Luke) was first referenced in TFA though, right? In the title sequence. In that vein, maybe they'll take the title from the previous film... which still means that "spark" is a possibility, but I agree with those that think A New Order is the likeliest title right now. It sounds really good, and probably has double, if not triple meanings. It's a little sterile is the only thing, and at first glance might not seem to match up with some of the more uplifting themes like hope, balance, etc. but maybe it will when considering what's in the movie itself.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Apriljandy Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:02 pm

Star Wars: Era's End or End of Era

Apriljandy
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:06 pm

nickandnora wrote:
vaderito wrote:I'm afraid they may go with Spark. I hated spark quotes but since TLJ drew its title from actual quotes ("the last jedi"), I expect spark to feature. Also, spark-ling diamond. Sad
@vaderito
The Last Jedi (as in Luke) was first referenced in TFA though, right? In the title sequence. In that vein, maybe they'll take the title from the previous film... which still means that "spark" is a possibility, but I agree with those that think A New Order is the likeliest title right now. It sounds really good, and probably has double, if not triple meanings. It's a little sterile is the only thing, and at first glance might not seem to match up with some of the more uplifting themes like hope, balance, etc. but maybe it will when considering what's in the movie itself.

@nickandnora

Yes, TLJ appears in TFA, in the opening crawl and Snoke quote.
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm

@vaderito
Star Wars: The spark that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
I think if they use "Spark", the only title that makes sense is "Spark of Hope" like @princessmoon suggested.

Last edited by Moonlight13 on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:17 pm

Is rise of the new Jedi in the force awakens scroll ? Or is it only snoke that says that to kylo ie “ if skywalker returns the new Jedi will rise “ - which by the way I think is all about Ben Solo returning as the skywalker and not Luke but we are meant to think it’s Luke at the time . I would love something like “ Rise of the new Jedi “ or “ prime Jedi “ or “ the new order “. The other two trilogies have sith or Jedi in the final film of their trilogies . If they went with rise of the new Jedi it would work on two levels - rey as the new Jedi with maybe an academy which is what most of the audience would think but it would also work as a throwback to that snoke quote and that ultimately the new Jedi would rise because Ben comes back to the light or the balance and he and rey would rise the new Jedi order together and that would be epic! Sorry getting carried away with my hopes and dreams .... Smile
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:51 pm

I've said before that I was partial to "A New Order" as a title. It's vague enough to mean: jedi order, Kylo's idea of a new order, Hux's new order, the Resistance's idea of order. It feels pretty rich.

But I also like: "The New Jedi" (though it might be too spoilery and to me it invokes cringe images of Rey training broom boi and those other Dickensian orphans Laughing), "A Spark of Hope", "Rise of the Jedi" (mirrors III and VI).

Or just scrap that and call it "Reylo is Canon" Laughing
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:52 pm

Moonlight13 wrote:
@vaderito
Star Wars: The spark that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
I think if they use "Spark", the only title that makes sense is "Spark of Hope" like @princessmoon suggested.
@Moonlight13

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 5 MammothShamelessAsianlion-size_restricted
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonlight13 Wed 14 Mar 2018, 1:53 pm

Moonlight13
Moonlight13

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 14 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm

I don't think they will go with A New Order because of this: New Order (Nazism)

Seems they called the First Order as callback to this. But I like this title.

Also I don't think there will be "Jedi" in the title because we already have it in ep 8.

"Spark" is the most likely option, but if Spark of Hope or Spark of Light, it is so humble\small for the last episode.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Wed 14 Mar 2018, 9:04 pm

rawpowah wrote:I've said before that I was partial to "A New Order" as a title. It's vague enough to mean: jedi order, Kylo's idea of a new order, Hux's new order, the Resistance's idea of order. It feels pretty rich.

But I also like: "The New Jedi" (though it might be too spoilery and to me it invokes cringe images of Rey training broom boi and those other Dickensian orphans Laughing), "A Spark of Hope", "Rise of the Jedi" (mirrors III and VI).

Or just scrap that and call it "Reylo is Canon" Laughing
@rawpowah

Also, if reverse Anidala (and similar theories) is a thing, a "new order" of the storytelling itself. Smile

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 02 Jun 2018, 7:55 am

Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sat 02 Jun 2018, 10:02 am

@Starliteprism

The Reylo (IX) Is Endgame
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 02 Jun 2018, 3:02 pm

thescavenger wrote:
@Starliteprism

The Reylo (IX) Is Endgame
@thescavenger

iloveyouforsayingthat cheers
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next