Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

+56
justyou
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
rey09
SW_Heroine_Journey
nemapasara
Forsythia
LadyGaufrette
bruna8728
SanghaRen
Moonlight13
Apriljandy
special_cases
nickandnora
PalmettoBlue
princessmoon
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
fuhry
giaciak2
MrsWindu
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
Armadeus
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SkyStar
Starliteprism
Darth Rowan
thescavenger
lauvamp
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
AhsokaTano
AcrosstheStars
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Gemlake
reylo1992
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
panki
60 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 7 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by Starliteprism Wed 19 Sep 2018, 5:28 pm

DeeBee wrote:Hi all! Here’s a random idea for ep IX title:
Duel of the Fates
:-)
@DeeBee

Had that similar idea back on 12 March in this discussion, although could be Duel or Dual, depending on if a play on words.

Great minds, though. ;-)
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 7 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by DeeBee Thu 20 Sep 2018, 4:12 am

Starliteprism wrote:
Duel of the Fates
@DeeBee

Had that similar idea back on 12 March in this discussion, although could be Duel or Dual, depending on if a play on words.

Great minds, though. ;-)
@Starliteprism

haaaa yep! Great minds tee hee.. sorry I missed your idea!

I played around with dual or duel.. and landed on duel because dual is an adjective.. we could have 'The Duel of the Dual Fates'? haaaa..
but I figured 'fates' is plural and implies a choice.. so no need for the 'dual' lol. This title suggests the plot, but not the outcome.
A 'dawn of the Jed'aii' kind of title gives away the plot. (IMHO)
I keep coming back to George Lucas summing up the force: “..found in all living things, surrounds.. just flows from us. It controls individuals yet we have free will. We have a destiny if we want to follow it. We live for a reason, we must discover what it is.
fate/ destiny and choices are key... and IX is the culmination of all this...
I've missed SW! I've not had much time for it lately. boo!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Thu 20 Sep 2018, 4:17 am

DeeBee wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:
Duel of the Fates
@DeeBee

Great minds, though. ;-)
@Starliteprism

haaaa yep! Great minds tee hee.. sorry I missed your idea!

I played around with dual or duel.. and landed on duel because dual is an adjective.. we could have 'The Duel of the Dual Fates'? haaaa..
but I figured 'fates' is plural and implies a choice.. so no need for the 'dual' lol. This title suggests the plot, but not the outcome.
A 'dawn of the Jed'aii' kind of title gives away the plot. (IMHO)
I keep coming back to George Lucas summing up the force: “..found in all living things, surrounds.. just flows from us. It controls individuals yet we have free will. We have a destiny if we want to follow it. We live for a reason, we must discover what it is.
fate/ destiny and choices are key... and IX is the culmination of all this...
I've missed SW! I've not had much time for it lately. boo!
@DeeBee

I agree. The title will not give the outcome, but maybe hint at a conflict or something to be resolved. Before we know it, the title reveal will be upon us. This year is flying by.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 31 Oct 2018, 6:10 pm

Would love if this was true(potentially titled for IX revealed tomorrow), but not sure how verified the source is...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpmwznEgrly/?taken-by=starwarsfactsandfun

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpl8a2vg_y_/?tagged=samueljackson
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Oct 2018, 6:22 pm

Starliteprism wrote:Would love if this was true(potentially titled for IX revealed tomorrow), but not sure how verified the source is...

@Starliteprism

I was reading one of the tumblrs that I frequently visit, who linked a post on reddit - this person on reddit utilized statistics, and based on the statistics decided that Nov 1st is the average date for a title reveal ??  

I think this is the source of this...where all this came from.

Regardless of when it's revealed, it will be a form of a tangible relief...of whew! We now have a title..next is the teaser trailer (or perhaps official images prior to that)

Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Wed 31 Oct 2018, 6:38 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:
Starliteprism wrote:Would love if this was true(potentially titled for IX revealed tomorrow), but not sure how verified the source is...

@Starliteprism

I was reading one of the tumblrs that I frequently visit, who linked a post on reddit - this person on reddit utilized statistics, and based on the statistics decided that Nov 1st is the average date for a title reveal ??  

I think this is the source of this...where all this came from.

Regardless of when it's revealed, it will be a form of a tangible relief...of whew! We now have a title..next is the teaser trailer (or perhaps official images prior to that)

Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Yup! From what has been stated, TFA was about 13 months out, TLJ was less, but with JJ in charge, could be possible.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Wed 31 Oct 2018, 7:05 pm

That'd be awesome but I highly doubt... they want to keep people in suspense as long as they want. I think we got TLJ after they filmed it?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 31 Oct 2018, 9:06 pm

I have a feeling that IX will not have an announced title, until after Avengers 4.

Once Avengers 4 receives its title, I think IX's title will be announced, at minimum, ~a month later. On the other hand, I can see Disney/LF releasing a teaser for IX at Celebration without a title...truly...with only IX highlighted, if it is important to Disney that Avengers 4 have the title announced first (if not happened yet); however, Celebration is in the midst.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 05 Nov 2018, 10:14 am

So, the rumor is that the Avengers 4 trailer (and most likely title) will premiere the end of this month, or beginning of December.

Therefore, once that is out of the way, perhaps the IX title will be revealed, at the earliest, end of December/beginning of January (or they may choose to wait a bit more). ??

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-4-trailer-will-reportedly-debut-football-game-end-month/
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Sun 02 Dec 2018, 7:26 pm

Rumor is that the trailer, thus title, for Avengers 4 will be released this Wednesday - December 5th; therefore, perhaps this is an indication that Episode IX's title will be revealed ~ January 5th - the first or second week of January. ??
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Mon 03 Dec 2018, 3:52 pm

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Aww, so long.
Do you think they could reveal the title the 27th december, for the date of Carrie Fisher's death since IX would be her 'last' movie, or would it be morally wrong to do something like that?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 03 Dec 2018, 5:57 pm

SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Rumor is that the trailer, thus title, for Avengers 4 will be released this Wednesday - December 5th; therefore, perhaps this is an indication that Episode IX's title will be revealed ~ January 5th - the first or second week of January. ??
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Heard the trailer for Avengers 4 as well as more with Captain Marvel on Wednesday. If IX title revealed in a month, I think it's fun to think it only 30 odd days away. I have found that the older I get, the faster time moves.
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 03 Dec 2018, 7:13 pm

Starliteprism wrote:
SW_Heroine_Journey wrote:Rumor is that the trailer, thus title, for Avengers 4 will be released this Wednesday - December 5th; therefore, perhaps this is an indication that Episode IX's title will be revealed ~ January 5th - the first or second week of January.  ??  
@SW_Heroine_Journey

Heard the trailer for Avengers 4 as well as more with Captain Marvel on Wednesday. If IX title revealed in a month, I think it's fun to think it only 30 odd days away. I have found that the older I get, the faster time moves.
@Starliteprism

I am hoping so time moves fast!  Actually, I think when it's at the year marker, that will feel as though the pendulum swings differently & faster Smile

They may wait until Celebration or shortly before to release the title - hopefully not! Smile
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Mon 03 Dec 2018, 7:16 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:@SW_Heroine_Journey
Aww, so long.
Do you think they could reveal the title the 27th december, for the date of Carrie Fisher's death since IX would be her 'last' movie, or would it be morally wrong to do something like that?
@LadyGaufrette

That is a beautiful theory, and you know....I can picture J.J. doing something like that to honor her memory on that date AND gift the fans! Smile

If her daughter is OK with it, then it is definitely not morally wrong. If she is not, we may never know she vetoed the idea, but if it is released on 12/27, I cannot imagine J.J./LF/Disney proceeding with that without acquiring Billie's permission.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Tue 04 Dec 2018, 5:13 am

Aww, so long.
@LadyGaufrette

That is a beautiful theory, and you know....I can picture J.J. doing something like that to honor her memory on that date AND gift the fans! Smile

If her daughter is OK with it, then it is definitely not morally wrong. If she is not, we may never know she vetoed the idea, but if it is released on 12/27, I cannot imagine J.J./LF/Disney proceeding with that without acquiring Billie's permission.
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I agree with you about acquiring Billie's permission and I tell myself that since she is in the movie, she would be more open to this kind of thing.
I'm not very knowledgeable on this, but do Carry's siblings have a say on this matter?
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Tue 04 Dec 2018, 6:07 am

LadyGaufrette wrote:
Aww, so long.
@LadyGaufrette

@SW_Heroine_Journey

I agree with you about acquiring Billie's permission and I tell myself that since she is in the movie, she would be more open to this kind of thing.
I'm not very knowledgeable on this, but do Carry's siblings have a say on this matter?
@LadyGaufrette

My understanding is (and please correct me if I am wrong - anyone), that legally, her siblings do not have a say in matters of her estate and business - only Billie because she is her adult child. Of course, I am sure Billie will consider their opinions in giving permission for something such as this.
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 05 Dec 2018, 5:41 am

@SW_Heroine_Journey
Thanks for your answer, I think you're right about it.

I don't know how much we can trust screenrant, but if they're right, my theory could be true.
Disney Rumored to Release Trailers for Star Wars 9 & Frozen 2 This Month
I don't believe in a trailer, or maybe something like the teaser with Kylo's first appearance, but we could certainly have a poster with the title.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-9-frozen-2-trailer-release-december/
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Wed 05 Dec 2018, 6:49 am

@LadyGaufrette Oh I hope it's true! Seems they understand themselfs that it's kind of strange so maybe they've really heard such rumors.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SW_Heroine_Journey Wed 05 Dec 2018, 7:32 am

I don't know how much we can trust screenrant, but if they're right, my theory could be true.
I don't believe in a trailer, or maybe something like the teaser with Kylo's first appearance, but we could certainly have a poster with the title.

@LadyGaufrette

If Screenrant is correct (because bzzt with the Avengers 4 trailer/title reveal thus far, and that thesis), then the timing is mostly to honor Carrie, yet to also indicate ~ 1 yr away! Very Happy  

I think they can show footage - i.e. of the past.  So, the teaser trailer for IX may show scenes from I-VIII to really indicate this is a conclusion of the entire saga, and then for IX, instead a footage from the movie, they just reveal the title card. So, if that is the angle, and actual teaser trailer is possible. Very Happy
SW_Heroine_Journey
SW_Heroine_Journey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 05 Dec 2018, 8:26 am

@LadyGaufrette

If Screenrant is correct (because bzzt with the Avengers 4 trailer/title reveal thus far, and that thesis), then the timing is mostly to honor Carrie, yet to also indicate ~ 1 yr away! Very Happy  

I think they can show footage - i.e. of the past.  So, the teaser trailer for IX may show scenes from I-VIII to really indicate this is a conclusion of the entire saga, and then for IX, instead a footage from the movie, they just reveal the title card. So, if that is the angle, and actual teaser trailer is possible. Very Happy
@SW_Heroine_Journey

I think you've got a good idea, they did that for the first trailer of the final season of Rebels.
I'm going to cry if they show footage from I-VIII with at the end something like
'SW IX, the end of the skywalker saga.
Come and see the conclusion of this 40 years old saga.
December 2019'
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Wed 05 Dec 2018, 12:57 pm

I'm just going to put this here in case it's right. I think the title could be 'Legacy of the Skywalkers'

I know there's never been a specific name in a title before, but this is the Skywalker trilogy of trilogies. The title would create quite a buzz. What is the legacy? Which Skywalkers are they talking about?

And honestly, it's the question I want most answered in the film. Once the events of this movie are over, what will be the overarching contribution to history that the Skywalkers will have made?

'Balance of the Force' seems like a perfect title - except if it were me, I'd balk at the first and third films having 'Force' in the title.

Hey, I just thought of something: What if the title were simply "The Balance"? It echoes something Rey said in TLJ. It doesn't fit in with the other titles in the saga really though. Nope, I'm going with 'Legacy of the Skywalkers'.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Wed 05 Dec 2018, 3:34 pm

Hi @fuhry I like this title! With Kylo/Ben being the remaining Skywalker it would certainly spark interest!

I saw a preview of the new Qui Gon Jinn comic that is released today- and its title was simply: “Balance”
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Wed 05 Dec 2018, 4:34 pm

Okay, i don't know if anyone's thought of it before but I just thought about this right now and I honestly feel like it could be a possibility:

Rise of the New Order

In TFA we have Snoke saying if Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise. In TLJ we have Kylo telling Rey that they can bring a new order to the galaxy. At the end of TLJ, there's the foreshadowing of there being more force-sensitives out there and we know Rey has the Jedi books. 3rd movie of each trilogy has the words Revenge and Return paired with Sith and Jedi. I don't see them using Jedi again, that's why I figured New Order might be used since there's been hints of it in both movies.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyGaufrette Wed 05 Dec 2018, 4:47 pm

fuhry wrote:Once the events of this movie are over, what will be the overarching  contribution to history that the Skywalkers will have made?
@fuhry
A big mess in the Galaxy! lol!

More seriously, I like your idea because it includes Kylo/Ben, but also what every Skywalker had done since The Phantom Menace. We are at the end and it's time to do a conclusion.

@nemapasara
I really like your idea, but there may be a little problem with the term 'New Order'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism)
I think the inspiration of the term 'First Order' may have come from that.
LadyGaufrette
LadyGaufrette
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by nemapasara Wed 05 Dec 2018, 4:54 pm

LadyGaufrette wrote:
@nemapasara
I really like your idea, but there may be a little problem with the term 'New Order'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism)
I think the inspiration of the term 'First Order' may have come from that.
@LadyGaufrette

I did not know that Pardon oops. Actually, the first thing I thought of was New World Order. I mean, it's probably not going to happen. I actually would love it if it was "Rise of the New Jedi" but I just don't see them use Jedi for two straight movies.
nemapasara
nemapasara
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next