Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

+56
justyou
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
rey09
SW_Heroine_Journey
nemapasara
Forsythia
LadyGaufrette
bruna8728
SanghaRen
Moonlight13
Apriljandy
special_cases
nickandnora
PalmettoBlue
princessmoon
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
fuhry
giaciak2
MrsWindu
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
Armadeus
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SkyStar
Starliteprism
Darth Rowan
thescavenger
lauvamp
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
AhsokaTano
AcrosstheStars
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Gemlake
reylo1992
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
panki
60 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by snufkin Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm

Being from NorCal, my first response to Black Diamond is rock climbing gear but huh the provenance is interesting.

I was thinking about the last shot of the two of them with his vision of her looking at him before shutting the door and then the dice disappearing. We know that what she says/thinks matter to him, with his opening line of "you have that same look in your eyes, the one from the forest." And then later during shirtless Skype session, she finally cracks and says she doesn't understand how he could do that to Han, somebody who loved him and gave a damn about him. So at the end with the dual visions which are about Rey and Han, her words are coming back to haunt him. She's somebody who loved him and gave a damn about him. We'll see if JJ picks up on that thread.

Also another thread, but am I alone in feeling like there's a very strong parallel being shown between the two lines which made him? Leia's family and its connections to the elite and legacies have taken precedence. Which is what Ben has been corrupted by. But then there's also these threads about the common people, the not powerful. Which at the beginning is another family, the Ticos. You get the sense that what Rose tells Finn on Canto Bight are the values Paige instilled in her as her sister/mentor. But there's also Han - Snoke is so nasty in his line to Ben about having too much of his father's heart (and remember Han's "too much Vader in him" is so "too much of his father in him."). And Ben sticks his foot in his mouth with Rey, first calling her a scavenger and then ultimately telling her that she's nobody from nowhere but that she can matter because she's loved by him, who has this connection to a great dynasty. Oh and way to twist the knife calling her parents filthy junkers lying in a pauper's grave. So with the Kasdan movie coming out in the Spring and the repeated dialogue to him (from Snoke, Rey, and Luke) about Han, you start to wonder if the lesson is more than just the democratization of that society and the Force. That it should be open to all. But that the Han at the end, doesn't see himself as a great leader or a legend ("I used to be") but as somebody who's far more humble in trying to finally be a good husband and father. Or even in being kind to Finn and Rey (Han is the softie with her while Luke's more tough love). So if Supreme Leader Emo Kylo Ben ever gets his sh*t together, it'll be about accepting the Solo side of himself and realizing that's the way through it all instead of leaning on the prestige.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by AcrosstheStars Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:30 pm

ZioRen wrote:
MyOnlyHope wrote:I guess we can start by just researching the symbolism behind black diamonds. Ah, overanalyzing for two more years. Razz

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 2 T5yRoGS
@MyOnlyHope

Let me pretend to be serious about my speculation for a moment:

CLEARLY this title represents that Kylo and Rey are going to have their relationship restored.

And clearly it also means that Kylo as a black diamond will end up no less strong, wise, and in love as Rey's white diamond.

REYLO AF. CASE CLOSED.
@ZioRen

You’re hired!  lol!

I would like to think that is roughly what it will mean. That, plus the galaxy being healed (as much as it ever can be), and the Skywalker family getting some lasting peace for once, even as ghosts (and a hopefully alive Ben).
AcrosstheStars
AcrosstheStars
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Dingbat Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:40 pm

Apparently the black diamond's unique crystalline structure causes it to absorb light and makes it especially luminescent in the dark.

*adding to a list of things Reylo has inadvertently taught me about: geology*
Darth Dingbat
Darth Dingbat
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Rey Sun 17 Dec 2017, 4:47 pm

Darth Dingbat wrote:Apparently the black diamond's unique crystalline structure causes it to absorb light and makes it especially luminescent in the dark.

*adding to a list of things Reylo has inadvertently taught me about: geology*
@Darth Dingbat

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 2 Img_0141
Kylo Rey
Kylo Rey
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by AhsokaTano Sun 17 Dec 2017, 5:18 pm

Wow the above sounds great regarding the black diamond . Do you think the legendary dark saber could make an appearance too as that’s a black kyber crystal and it’s been mentioned in rogue one and Rebels series .
AhsokaTano
AhsokaTano
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ISeeAnIsland Sun 17 Dec 2017, 6:54 pm

AhsokaTano wrote:Wow the above sounds great regarding the black diamond . Do you think the legendary dark saber could make an appearance too as that’s a black kyber crystal and it’s been mentioned in rogue one and Rebels series .
@AhsokaTano

I would answer that they've certain teased it some, but as we saw with TLJ, those little teases of Force legends in other materials are no indication that they'll actually end up onscreen.
ISeeAnIsland
ISeeAnIsland
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:12 pm

This was my thought for the ending beforehand. I'll throw it out there:

Spoiler:

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 2 Empty Black Diamond

Post by ReyofLightSide Sun 17 Dec 2017, 7:16 pm

reylo1992 wrote:Let's keep in mind that Snoke had a black kyber crystal. I wonder whether it was meant to have some importance or not.
@reylo1992

I read somewhere that his black stone in his ring was obsidian from Vader's castle. Not sure how accurate.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-last-jedi-snoke-vader-easter-egg/
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 20 Jan 2018, 11:57 am

So now that we know the code name for IX is Black Diamond what do you think that is in reference to in the movie? Snoke's ring, right? What else do we know about the/a Black Diamond? I know you guys discussed it before but I can't find it. What might that code name reveal to us about the prospective plot?

Space Bear for VIII: ying and yang, the balance was pretty easy to figure out.
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:09 pm

I am hoping they go for the Ways of the Force.
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:11 pm

@SheLitAFire

I think it deals with Snoke's ring!

As far as titles for Episode IX, I'm not entirely sure. I feel that it will include the words 'of the' between two other more general words like Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith before it. I can't think of anything though.
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by KnightsofReylo_2015 Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:32 pm

SheLitAFire wrote:So now that we know the code name for IX is Black Diamond what do you think that is in reference to in the movie? Snoke's ring, right? What else do we know about the/a Black Diamond? I know you guys discussed it before but I can't find it. What might that code name reveal to us about the prospective plot?

@SheLitAFire

Check out the Predictions for Episode 9 thread...about 1/2 way down on page 7 (on Dec 17) starts the discussion/speculation of what the Black Diamond working title could signify.  The members on this forum have come up with some really great and exciting possibilities!
KnightsofReylo_2015
KnightsofReylo_2015
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessel Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:38 pm

Man Without A Star wrote:I am hoping they go for the Ways of the Force.
@Man Without A Star

I’ve always liked this title. It was my dream title for TLJ (before we knew the official title) because it tied in with Kylo’s “I can show you the ways of the Force.”
Kessel
Kessel

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:39 pm

KnightsofReylo_2015 wrote:
SheLitAFire wrote:So now that we know the code name for IX is Black Diamond what do you think that is in reference to in the movie? Snoke's ring, right? What else do we know about the/a Black Diamond? I know you guys discussed it before but I can't find it. What might that code name reveal to us about the prospective plot?

@SheLitAFire

Check out the Predictions for Episode 9 thread...about 1/2 way down on page 7 (on Dec 17) starts the discussion/speculation of what the Black Diamond working title could signify.  The members on this forum have come up with some really great and exciting possibilities!
@KnightsofReylo_2015

Thanks!
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:48 pm

When I heard about Black Diamond, I instantly thought of Kylo/Ben Embarassed
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thescavenger Sat 20 Jan 2018, 12:51 pm

I feel like they might go with the word 'Balance' in there somewhere.
thescavenger
thescavenger
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:07 pm

All I remember is that the predictions thread for TLJ we were joking that it'd be Attack of the Hormones, which is pretty close to the mark.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Man Without A Star Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:12 pm

Kessel wrote:
Man Without A Star wrote:I am hoping they go for the Ways of the Force.
@Man Without A Star

I’ve always liked this title. It was my dream title for TLJ (before we knew the official title) because it tied in with Kylo’s “I can show you the ways of the Force.”
@Kessel

The title always reminded me of Jurassic Park's "Life finds a way." It would neatly tie up the entire saga. After all the chaos and pain that has been caused, the Force finds a way. Smile
Man Without A Star
Man Without A Star
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:21 pm

@KnightsofReylo_2015

Thank you!

Mod note: We've moved the "Black Diamond" discussion from the "Predictions" thread to this thread, see the posts above. Let the speculation continue. For two years. *crying*
Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:31 pm

Darth Rowan wrote:

@KnightsofReylo_2015

Thank you!

Mod note: We've moved the "Black Diamond" discussion from the "Predictions" thread to this thread, see the posts above. Let the speculation continue. For two years. *crying*
@Darth Rowan

699 days to go. :-p
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Sat 20 Jan 2018, 1:36 pm

Shiiine on you craaazy diamond... (sorry Pink Floyd fan here) Very Happy
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Rowan Sat 20 Jan 2018, 2:01 pm

SkyStar wrote:Shiiine on you craaazy diamond... (sorry Pink Floyd fan here) Very Happy
@SkyStar

OMG I LOVE IT. P_P
Now I have to listen to it.
Here is the "short" version. And now it sounds Kylo Renian to me. XD

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision.
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions.
Come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Darth Rowan
Darth Rowan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 20 Jan 2018, 2:04 pm

I've seen people throwing around variations of "A New Order" as the title.
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 20 Jan 2018, 3:55 pm

A New Order is my preferred title
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sat 20 Jan 2018, 4:22 pm

rawpowah wrote:A New Order is my preferred title
@rawpowah

Hm, I don't know...Order isn't a bad word but in that correlation with New Order it's tainted imao.

I would prefer something including Balance and/ or the force Confus
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next