Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

+56
justyou
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
rey09
SW_Heroine_Journey
nemapasara
Forsythia
LadyGaufrette
bruna8728
SanghaRen
Moonlight13
Apriljandy
special_cases
nickandnora
PalmettoBlue
princessmoon
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
fuhry
giaciak2
MrsWindu
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
Armadeus
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SkyStar
Starliteprism
Darth Rowan
thescavenger
lauvamp
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
AhsokaTano
AcrosstheStars
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Gemlake
reylo1992
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
panki
60 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 4 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by SoloSideCousin Mon 22 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

vaderito wrote:
rey09 wrote:This is super random but I saw a picture of a friend who went snowboarding saying she did the black diamond? It's some kind of high level track?

Also hmm just reiterating what many are guessing, something like "Rise of a New Order"?
@rey09

Yeah, black diamond slopes are the most difficult ones.

I'm glad you mentioned it cause we don't know what kind of black diamond the working title refers to. Maybe BD slop cause difficult movie to put together? Big hardships for the characters?

There's more than one meaning to BD rabging from precious stone to cheese brand to ski/snowboarding slopes to ????
@vaderito

The official name of the production is Carbonado, which is the name of a black diamond. So I think that they are referring to the stone.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 4 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by rey09 Mon 22 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm

SoloSideCousin wrote:
vaderito wrote:
rey09 wrote:This is super random but I saw a picture of a friend who went snowboarding saying she did the black diamond? It's some kind of high level track?

Also hmm just reiterating what many are guessing, something like "Rise of a New Order"?
@rey09

Yeah, black diamond slopes are the most difficult ones.

I'm glad you mentioned it cause we don't know what kind of black diamond the working title refers to. Maybe BD slop cause difficult movie to put together? Big hardships for the characters?

There's more than one meaning to BD rabging from precious stone to cheese brand to ski/snowboarding slopes to ????
@vaderito

The official name of the production is Carbonado, which is the name of a black diamond. So I think that they are referring to the stone.
@SoloSideCousin

Why is there a separate name for the production of the movie vs the movie itself?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:22 am

@rey09
A little about the names here.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/17/working-title-star-wars-episode-ix/

A quote from screenrant about the business side of things regarding the names.
Lucasfilm tends to open separate production companies in the UK to produce their Star Wars films. Foodles Production (UK) Ltd, for example, managed The Force Awakens. Space Bear Industries (UK) Ltd handled The Last Jedi. According to Fantha Tracks, the production company for Episode IX is Carbonado Industries (UK) Ltd. A carbonado is the toughest form of natural diamond, commonly known as a Black Diamond.

Its also interesting to note that Carbonado was originally going to be used for Solo.

Quote from screenrant:

It seems Lucasfilm originally intended to use Carbonado Industries to produce Solo, in a nod to his being frozen in carbonite. Plans changed though, and delays to the Boba Fett movie meant Stannum 50 Labs (UK) Ltd picked up Solo instead.

Working titles vary in terms of their significance. Rogue One‘s working title, for example, was particularly appropriate. The working title was a reference to the town of Los Alamos, birthplace of the atomic bomb. Considering the movie focused on the creation of the Death Star, that’s an amusing nod. On the other hand, The Last Jedi‘s working title — Space Bear — seems pretty irrelevant.
Original Article

Within the first article, it links the word luminous Yoda said, to the luminosity found in Carbonado. It's  all very interesting, and has at least got me thinking and pondering more on the working title.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:40 am

With " new order" being a part of the title, I cannot forget Wayward Jedi and how he had this theory about order not being something good in SW. For example, the Jedi order who failed. And now The First Order - all of them have these strict rules that are just asking for someone to rebel against it. So is a new order a good idea? Just a thought.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Thu 01 Feb 2018, 8:29 pm

Should keep "Black Diamond."

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Thu 01 Feb 2018, 10:56 pm

It's funny seeing that as a title because for years I used rock climbing equipment made by a company called Black Diamond and never stopped to think what the name means. The thing is, unless you're somebody like Alex Honnold, the ropes, harnesses, and tools you use are the difference between life and death in that sport (and you have to be a little like Honnold in that you need to be somewhat controlled/fearless to put yourself in that position). So Black Diamond means beyond just strong, but strong/unbreakable/infallible and the difference between success and failure. So that's an interesting code name for the theme when we know what Space Bear turned out to be. Speaking of Space Bear, wasn't there a tidbit that the various characters had code names like Rey was Goldilocks, Kylo was Grizzly Bear, and Hux was Paddington Bear?
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Thu 01 Feb 2018, 11:52 pm

Kylo Men wrote:Should keep "Black Diamond."
@Kylo Men

I actually really like Black Diamond too. A porous, not completely pure diamond, but the strongest diamond in the world, (used for drilling in the toughest environments in the world), and extremely rare, as there are only two places in the world to find it. Then forget about all the lore about black diamonds symbolizing the reconciliation of couples. It all just screams Kylo/Ben.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:15 am

So I was bored and managed to find some kind of esoteric website that describe black diamond as being in possession of those who are deeply philosophical. That if you have a black diamond and are unsure about the world it could lure you into darkness and also the black diamond serves as a temptation. Anyway it's hard not to connect everything with Ben. Thought I could share it, lol.
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SoloSideCousin Fri 02 Feb 2018, 3:54 am

SkyStar wrote:So I was bored and managed to find some kind of esoteric website that describe black diamond as being in possession of those who are deeply philosophical. That if you have a black diamond and are unsure about the world it could lure you into darkness and also the black diamond serves as a temptation. Anyway it's hard not to connect everything with Ben. Thought I could share it, lol.
@SkyStar

That's interesting because I think I read the opposite, like it has healing and reconciliation powers. There's probably a different lore for every culture, lol.
SoloSideCousin
SoloSideCousin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyStar Fri 02 Feb 2018, 4:56 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
SkyStar wrote:So I was bored and managed to find some kind of esoteric website that describe black diamond as being in possession of those who are deeply philosophical. That if you have a black diamond and are unsure about the world it could lure you into darkness and also the black diamond serves as a temptation. Anyway it's hard not to connect everything with Ben. Thought I could share it, lol.
@SkyStar

That's interesting because I think I read the opposite, like it has healing and reconciliation powers. There's probably a different lore for every culture, lol.
@SoloSideCousin

The one you gave was the most popular description I encountered though! Mostly it's positive descriptions and traits for our black diamond. Smile
SkyStar
SkyStar
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Fri 02 Feb 2018, 2:21 pm

the title will be something that will lead us to endless questions Smile until the movie comes out.

The title the force awakens represents two people, Rey and Kylo. The title the last Jedi instead represents Luke and Rey
  and the title of this last episode who will represent?
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylo Men Sat 03 Feb 2018, 7:39 am

SoloSideCousin wrote:
Kylo Men wrote:Should keep "Black Diamond."
@Kylo Men

I actually really like Black Diamond too. A porous, not completely pure diamond, but the strongest diamond in the world, (used for drilling in the toughest environments in the world), and extremely rare, as there are only two places in the world to find it. Then forget about all the lore about black diamonds symbolizing the reconciliation of couples. It all just screams Kylo/Ben.
@SoloSideCousin

It seems obvious (seems) that it's a reference to Kylo/Ben. It's different than other Star Wars titles, which tend to be utilitarian. This one is totally outside of the usual style. I don't think they are going to find a better title.

Kylo Men
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Sun 18 Feb 2018, 8:42 pm

I saw the title of Knights of the New Republic suggested on Reddit a few times today. I actually really like this title as it connects to each film in this trilogy being that of a sentence. The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Knights of the New Republic. This also could have double meaning in the film itself with both the Jedi and Knights of Ren appearing and doing battle. I think this would be really cool. Plus, it keeps the motiff of each era having a title that reflects the era in which the story took place. As George Lucas once said...

" If the first trilogy is social and political and talks about how society evolves, Star Wars is more about personal growth and self realisation, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems. The sequel is about Jedi Knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Knights of the New Republic
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 19 Feb 2018, 6:22 am

giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 19 Feb 2018, 6:43 am

BB-Rey wrote:I saw the title of Knights of the New Republic suggested on Reddit a few times today. I actually really like this title as it connects to each film in this trilogy being that of a sentence. The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Knights of the New Republic. This also could have double meaning in the film itself with both the Jedi and Knights of Ren appearing and doing battle. I think this would be really cool. Plus, it keeps the motiff of each era having a title that reflects the era in which the story took place. As George Lucas once said...

" If the first trilogy is social and political and talks about how society evolves, Star Wars is more about personal growth and self realisation, and the third deals with moral and philosophical problems. The sequel is about Jedi Knighthood, justice, confrontation, and passing on what you have learned."

The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi
Knights of the New Republic
@BB-Rey

knights of the new republic reflects two important factors, the jedi and the republic
the jedi will rise again, they will still live by the teachings of Rey and I hope Ben. in the last jedi we clearly see that Rey has books, it is a foreshadowing
the republic instead, even here we have a foreshadowing , The rebels speak of bringing the republic back. I THINK IT'S A GOOD TITLE
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by BB-Rey Mon 19 Feb 2018, 8:42 am

@giaciak2

Thank you. Smile

@Teo oswald

Oh! You make some really great points there. I agree completely. I remember George also said that a central theme in the Sequel Trilogy would be the rebuilding of the Republic. So, it really does work for that too and the foreshadowing we have in that scene. Of course, I also think refined Jedi sight is something we will see Rey and Ben both teach a new generation at the same time the New Republic returns. I just wonder how they'll pull off the new layer of Balance of the Force. I was thinking Mortis with Anakin's Force Ghost and Rey and Ben joining him but I really wonder now. Maybe they'll reject Anakin and it'll be Leia and Luke who join their father. I think that could be really profound. Smile
BB-Rey
BB-Rey
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 19 Feb 2018, 8:47 pm

My one nitpick with that title is that there was already a political entity called the New Republic, and it wasn't effective enough to concern itself about the FO, and subsequently got blown up in TFA. I do think something with New or Dawn or Rise would be fitting though.
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Mon 19 Feb 2018, 8:55 pm

@californiagirl A New Order
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by californiagirl Mon 19 Feb 2018, 9:10 pm

A New Era?

Or Dawn of a New Era?
californiagirl
californiagirl
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by snufkin Mon 19 Feb 2018, 9:18 pm

If they're going to call it A New Order, there'd better be a dance-off scene

The problem with the ST worldbuilding is that while we got a sense from the TFA novel and Bloodline/collateral materials about Rey's life on Jakku what went wrong with the attempts to rebuild after RotJ (too dependent on Mon Mothma, factions where the larger/more powerful planets thrived while the poorer, smaller ones were left to fend for themselves), there's been ZILCH in the films. We got a speech from Luke about the parallel story of why he failed at trying to rebuild the Jedi, a product of a failed system which didn't work before, but nothing from Leia about space politics. We just know that Hux blew up the seat of government and the official military fleet and that Ben wants to let old systems die to start over (albeit with him and Rey in charge of things). We know Rey's got the texts and Luke gave his whole "the Force isn't the same as the Jedi" speech before he and Yoda burn the tree down (I liken it to the Protestant Reformation moment). So they're going to have to figure out new paths for both the spirituality and the government, which will go in hand with the theme of the nobodies coming forward to start their own stories.
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by princessmoon Thu 08 Mar 2018, 3:56 pm

Titles I like:
A Spark Of Hope
A Call to the Light
The Only Hope
princessmoon
princessmoon
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post by PalmettoBlue Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:19 pm

@princessmoon I personally love "A Call to the Light"

I wonder if they aren't going to use something with Balance.
Return to Balance
Finding the Balance
Balancing the Force

There are dozens of excellent reasons that I'm not on the team that decides movie titles. Exhibits A, B, and C are above.
PalmettoBlue
PalmettoBlue
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://palmettosdesk.blog/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:30 pm

since it is the last chapter and they have to make us understand how balance can be found , what balance is, maybe the title is inherent to this, a permanent stability, the end of the millennial battles
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by nickandnora Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:41 pm

I was having this conversation with my husband about this a month or so back, and he said that any movie title with the word "balance" in it does NOT sound good.

I'm not sure why.

nickandnora
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by special_cases Thu 08 Mar 2018, 5:30 pm

nickandnora wrote:I was having this conversation with my husband about this a month or so back, and he said that any movie title with the word "balance" in it does NOT sound good.

I'm not sure why.
@nickandnora

I agree with your husband. For SW movie especially it sounds cheap\too simple\primitive, IMO.
special_cases
special_cases
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next