Rey & Kylo Ren Connection (a Reylo Star Wars forum)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

+56
justyou
Teo oswald
tukicarreno
rey09
SW_Heroine_Journey
nemapasara
Forsythia
LadyGaufrette
bruna8728
SanghaRen
Moonlight13
Apriljandy
special_cases
nickandnora
PalmettoBlue
princessmoon
californiagirl
SoloSideCousin
vaderito
fuhry
giaciak2
MrsWindu
Birdwoman
Lily Snape
Armadeus
DeeBee
Let The Past Die
Night Huntress
rawpowah
SkyStar
Starliteprism
Darth Rowan
thescavenger
lauvamp
Kessel
KnightsofReylo_2015
BB-Rey
Man Without A Star
SheLitAFire
ReyofLightSide
Kylo Men
AhsokaTano
AcrosstheStars
ISeeAnIsland
FrolickingFizzgig
EchoBase
Gemlake
reylo1992
ZioRen
Darth_Awakened
Darth Dingbat
MyOnlyHope
Kylo Rey
snufkin
Reylo Lemon
panki
60 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by snufkin Sat 20 Jan 2018, 4:35 pm

Hee hee, found the title speculation thread for VIII/TLJ! Credit goes to @Lily Snape for dubbing it Revenge of the Title. Maybe they can re-use one of my suggestions, Episode IX: The Plot Contrivance. MVPs have to be @nonesuch for her list of potential titles

Star Wars Episode VIII: Love Island
Star Wars Episode VIII: Wrath of the (Non-Biological) Father
Star Wars Episode VIII: Close Encounters of the Dark Side Kind

AND @Darth_Awakened for the BEST film nerd reference ever, Episode VIII: Ryan's (Rian)'s Daughter (Ryan's Daughter, the David Lean film set in the same part of Ireland as the Ache-to shooting locations about a forbidden romance).
snufkin
snufkin
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation - Page 3 Empty Re: Black Diamond/TrIXie: Episode IX Title Speculation

Post by Let The Past Die Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:02 pm

If you listen to http://www.starwars.com/video/secrets-explained-the-last-jedi it talks about how the name Space Bear came about as a working title and how Luke came to have the code name Space Bear. Yoda was baby Bear and Rey was Goldilocks. It's interesting because it  started out as a very organic conversation, how the process talking about Luke retreating, the film Legends of the Fall with Tristan and a bear, leading to Luke, then space bear, it obviously was probably a more detailed conversation with ideas bouncing around, but the gist of how they got to that title is very informative.
Plus how the characters had codenamed. The process for getting the title Black Diamond could be quite different, but I just quite like the idea of how Space Bear came about.

Ryan makes the comment about how the production designer made a cute little panda in a space helmet.... Aww
Its only a 3 min 22 sec clip, but the space bear comment is at 2 mins 48
https://youtu.be/0VDC0GH-4gc

So just trying to imagine how they came about with Black Diamond is really compelling and I'm loving the ideas here.

My first thoughts when I heard the title Black Diamond, was I immediately thought it referred to Kylo, then I  thought of a diamond, then the expression 'a diamond in the rough' which made that paired with Black, once again leading me back to Kylo.

Here are some meanings about 'a diamond in the rough'
Cambridge Dictionary - a person who is kinder and more pleasant than they seem to be from their appearance and manner
Phrases. Org - What's the meaning of the phrase 'A diamond in the rough'?
Someone who is basically good hearted but lacking social graces and respect for the law.

What's the origin of the phrase 'A diamond in the rough'?
The phrase is a metaphor clearly referring to the original unpolished state of diamond gemstones, especially those that have the potential to become high quality jewels. It is more commonly expressed in the form 'rough diamond'.

Wictionary - ) A person whose goodness or other positive qualities are hidden by a harsh or unremarkable surface appearance.

Urban dictionary, top post - Someone that has hidden exceptional characteristics and/or future potential, but currently lacks the final touches that would make them truly stand out from the crowd.

The phrase is metaphorical and relates to the fact that naturally occurring diamonds are quite ordinary at first glance, and that their true beauty as jewels is only realized through the cutting and polishing process

Just some thoughts probably way off, but enjoyed researching. And I thought the definitions sounded like Kylo... Lol
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:29 pm

Hmmm.. I'll have a go at the title!
The Revenge of the Sith..
The Return of the Jedi..

Given the overall story of the force in the ST - and across all nine movies I think the title will have done away with Sith and Jedi and will just be about the force.
Something like along the lines of: "The _____ of the Force"
Anyone?

Because IX is likely a culmination of the work of the force over the IX movies I'll go with:
"The Will of the Force"

I see I'm not alone here with 'force' being in the title!
Man Without A Star wrote:I am hoping they go for the Ways of the Force.
@Man Without A Star

Yes this ties in also with Obi-Wan in A New Hope too - he mentioned Luke learning the ways of the force.

Not mentioning the force in the title.. I think 'The Resolving of the Gray' would be an interesting title also!
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by rawpowah Sat 20 Jan 2018, 5:36 pm

@Night Huntress Order can also refer to a new jedi order Wink
rawpowah
rawpowah
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by lauvamp Sat 20 Jan 2018, 6:06 pm

There was a famous Black Diamond curse, and it says:

"(...)The curse disappeared only when in 1955, the stone was split into two pieces and these were re-carved into two magnificent diamonds. In some countries, for example in Italy, it is believed that the black diamond helps to consolidate a relationship."

And:

"It is thought that black diamonds remove pessimist feelings through the purity of love. This stone helps to achieve dreams, destiny, and peace of mind"

If all of this is a coincidence, life is really cruel.
lauvamp
lauvamp
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

https://lauvamp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat 20 Jan 2018, 6:57 pm

Was reading currently non-canon material about the Je'daii - the original force users..
There's a Je'daii code - and one line in the code I thought could make a fabulous title for IX.

"The Heart of the Force"

Especially when IX is (IMHO!) going to involve an epic love story bringing balance to the force!!! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ZioRen Sat 20 Jan 2018, 7:00 pm

Remember the theory that all of the titles would form a sentence? That'd be pretty great if they did that. Laughing
ZioRen
ZioRen
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by ReyofLightSide Sat 20 Jan 2018, 7:50 pm

ZioRen wrote:Remember the theory that all of the titles would form a sentence? That'd be pretty great if they did that. Laughing
@ZioRen

Yes I think they may be going this way.
It would work with The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Order of the....something.
ReyofLightSide
ReyofLightSide
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Armadeus Sat 20 Jan 2018, 9:12 pm

Well... Finnish power metal band Stratovarius has a song called Black Diamond Razz :

Again I see you standing there watching me
Your gaze, those eyes are tantalizing openly
Inviting me to get close to you
Can't help myself
There's fascination in the air

I try to fight this strong sensation,
but there's no chance to escape from this temptation
Feels like I've known you before
Repeating phrases
But I yearn for something more

I know I can't stay by your side forever
But I know I won't forget your beauty
My black diamond

As far as legit titles are concerned, I like The New Order Very Happy
Armadeus
Armadeus
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

https://www.fictionpress.com/u/564105/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Snape Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:31 am

ReyofLightSide wrote:
ZioRen wrote:Remember the theory that all of the titles would form a sentence? That'd be pretty great if they did that. Laughing
@ZioRen

@ReyofLightSide

There’s a tweet from Mark Hamill finishing the sentence: The Force Awakens the Last Jedi from his nap. Smile
Lily Snape
Lily Snape
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sun 21 Jan 2018, 1:59 am

Lily Snape wrote:
ReyofLightSide wrote:
@ZioRen

@ReyofLightSide

There’s a tweet from Mark Hamill finishing the sentence: The Force Awakens the Last Jedi from his nap. Smile
@Lily Snape

Genius!!! 'The Force Awakens the Last Jedi from his Nap' could be a great sequel to Spaceballs! Smile
DeeBee
DeeBee
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdwoman Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:06 am

I watched the TFA this weekend. Snoke says to Kylo about finding the map to Luke. The last Jedi. The title was said in the movie. Hmmm, makes me wonder if the title for 9 is in TLJ?

Birdwoman
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoBase Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:29 am

Birdwoman wrote:I watched the TFA this weekend. Snoke says to Kylo about finding the map to Luke. The last Jedi. The title was said in the movie. Hmmm, makes me wonder if the title for 9 is in TLJ?
@Birdwoman

“The FIRST ORDER reigns.
Having decimated the peaceful Republic, Supreme Leader Snoke now deploys the merciless legions to seize military control of the galaxy.

Only General Leia Organa's band of RESISTANCE fighters stand against the rising tyranny, certain that Jedi Master Luke Skywalker will return and restore a spark of hope to the fight.

But the Resistance has been exposed. As the First Order speeds toward the rebel base, the brave heroes mount a desperate escape....”

via Wookiepedia

Not much to guess from. Maybe “A spark of hope”?. My favourite would be “Leia O.’s band of resistance fighters” Wink.
EchoBase
EchoBase
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Sun 21 Jan 2018, 2:35 am

My favourite mentioned so far is The Ways of the Force. I also like The Balance of the Force.
It seems the words balance and force are popular words.
If Space Bear referred to Luke, the last jedi. Then with a few of us thinking Black Diamond refers to Kylo Ren. I'm wondering in what ways will Kylo's story have impact in IX, giving us an idea for a title for IX. As Kylo is needed with Rey to 'balance'  the force, and with the force pushing these two together, it will be interesting to see what the eventual title is.

On a different note, since they like codenames . If Black Diamond does refer to Kylo, then what other codenamed could be used. I've  seen White Diamond used on here for Rey. Or maybe Black Diamond doesn't refer to Kylo...

Last edited by Let The Past Die on Sun 21 Jan 2018, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsWindu Sun 21 Jan 2018, 6:03 am

@Birdwoman @EchoBase that’s exactly what my son thought the last time we went to see TLJ. Maybe ‘hope’ will be in the title somewhere as it would circle back to A New Hope ? If we go by the same timeline as the official title announcement for VIII we only have 12 short months to wait lol
MrsWindu
MrsWindu
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Huntress Sun 21 Jan 2018, 6:05 am

hm, I'm not so sure about the "hope" thing... I mean it's perfekt for the first or second movie of a trilogy but somehow not really fits for the third and last part - just imho Nope
Night Huntress
Night Huntress
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Sun 21 Jan 2018, 7:56 am

@birdwoman your post has illuminated me !!!. yesterday I saw the last video of Battelfield II. It ends with there is always hope. We fight to save what we love. Not to destroy what we hate. It occurs to me that the film could be called. The last hope.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by SheLitAFire Sun 21 Jan 2018, 9:40 am

Let The Past Die wrote:If you listen to http://www.starwars.com/video/secrets-explained-the-last-jedi it talks about how the name Space Bear came about as a working title and how Luke came to have the code name Space Bear. Yoda was baby Bear and Rey was Goldilocks. It's interesting because it  started out as a very organic conversation, how the process talking about Luke retreating, the film Legends of the Fall with Tristan and a bear, leading to Luke, then space bear, it obviously was probably a more detailed conversation with ideas bouncing around, but the gist of how they got to that title is very informative.
Plus how the characters had codenamed. The process for getting the title Black Diamond could be quite different, but I just quite like the idea of how Space Bear came about.

Ryan makes the comment about how the production designer made a cute little panda in a space helmet.... Aww
Its only a 3 min 22 sec clip, but the space bear comment is at 2 mins 48
https://youtu.be/0VDC0GH-4gc

So just trying to imagine how they came about with Black Diamond is really compelling and I'm loving the ideas here.

My first thoughts when I heard the title Black Diamond, was I immediately thought it referred to Kylo, then I  thought of a diamond, then the expression 'a diamond in the rough' which made that paired with Black, once again leading me back to Kylo.

Here are some meanings about 'a diamond in the rough'
Cambridge Dictionary - a person who is kinder and more pleasant than they seem to be from their appearance and manner
Phrases. Org - What's the meaning of the phrase 'A diamond in the rough'?
Someone who is basically good hearted but lacking social graces and respect for the law.

What's the origin of the phrase 'A diamond in the rough'?
The phrase is a metaphor clearly referring to the original unpolished state of diamond gemstones, especially those that have the potential to become high quality jewels. It is more commonly expressed in the form 'rough diamond'.

Wictionary - ) A person whose goodness or other positive qualities are hidden by a harsh or unremarkable surface appearance.

Urban dictionary, top post - Someone that has hidden exceptional characteristics and/or future potential, but currently lacks the final touches that would make them truly stand out from the crowd.

The phrase is metaphorical and relates to the fact that naturally occurring diamonds are quite ordinary at first glance, and that their true beauty as jewels is only realized through the cutting and polishing process

Just some thoughts probably way off, but enjoyed researching. And I thought the definitions sounded like Kylo... Lol
@Let The Past Die

And also they used a panda as the space bear on set (like on the chairs and the stamp you get into the wrap party): ying and yang, light & dark, male and female, Kylo & Rey
SheLitAFire
SheLitAFire
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fuhry Mon 22 Jan 2018, 7:42 am

"Will of the Force" or "Ways of the Force" would make sense, I guess, but to me putting 'Force' in the title again seems unlikely to me. Thinking about how this movie is going to end the whole saga, there's got to be something different about it.

I think it's going to signal an end to using the force for purposes of war, and so we are going to get to the end of 'The Star Wars'. I originally thought it might be something like "Peace In The Galaxy" but there's not enough tension in it.

My personal prediction is "The Call to the Light". It's a line of Kylo's from TFA. It's what he feels and tries to resist, but in the end, I think he will heed it. I think that both he and Rey will heed the call away from being used as tools for war, and toward peace.
fuhry
fuhry
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by rey09 Mon 22 Jan 2018, 8:25 am

This is super random but I saw a picture of a friend who went snowboarding saying she did the black diamond? It's some kind of high level track?

Also hmm just reiterating what many are guessing, something like "Rise of a New Order"?

rey09
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Let The Past Die Mon 22 Jan 2018, 8:45 am

fuhry wrote:"Will of the Force" or "Ways of the Force"  would make sense, I guess, but to me putting 'Force' in the title again seems unlikely to me.  Thinking about how this movie is going to end the whole saga, there's got to be something different about it.

I think it's going to signal an end to using the force for purposes of war, and so we are going to get to the end of 'The Star Wars'.  I originally thought it might be something like "Peace In The Galaxy" but there's not enough tension in it.

My personal prediction is "The Call to the Light".  It's a line of Kylo's from TFA.  It's what he feels and tries to resist, but in the end, I think he will heed it.  I think that both he and Rey will heed the call away from being used as tools for war, and toward peace.
@fuhry

You are right it wouldn't make sense to use a word that's already been used. Despite them being very good titles.

I wonder if JJ and his group are having as much fun trying to come up with a title (if it's not already set in stone) as we are...

Throwing another idea in. Balance of the Ways.
Let The Past Die
Let The Past Die
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by vaderito Mon 22 Jan 2018, 9:15 am

rey09 wrote:This is super random but I saw a picture of a friend who went snowboarding saying she did the black diamond? It's some kind of high level track?

Also hmm just reiterating what many are guessing, something like "Rise of a New Order"?
@rey09

Yeah, black diamond slopes are the most difficult ones.

I'm glad you mentioned it cause we don't know what kind of black diamond the working title refers to. Maybe BD slop cause difficult movie to put together? Big hardships for the characters?

There's more than one meaning to BD rabging from precious stone to cheese brand to ski/snowboarding slopes to ????
vaderito
vaderito
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by giaciak2 Mon 22 Jan 2018, 9:49 am

rey09 wrote:This is super random but I saw a picture of a friend who went snowboarding saying she did the black diamond? It's some kind of high level track?

@rey09

WOW! @rey09 You are Fantastic! . You gave me the picture in my mind. It could be. The diamond could be both the love relationship that ends well. Could be also how difficult is redemption for Kylo. How difficult could be to write this chapter without killing Ben.
giaciak2
giaciak2
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/shaara-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Teo oswald Mon 22 Jan 2018, 10:45 am

@Birdwoman

maybe will be

Star Wars a new order Smile
Teo oswald
Teo oswald
Force Ghost
Force Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Starliteprism Mon 22 Jan 2018, 6:19 pm

Light of the Darkness
Starliteprism
Starliteprism
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next